Author Topic: Seeking Leighton family Goudhurst  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Seeking Leighton family Goudhurst
« on: Tuesday 18 January 05 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Is there anyone who has access to the Registers in Goudhurst who could find a birth for me of Robert Leighton.He was married in  Goudhurst in 1801 to a Jane Lansdell. This record would be of interest too.I imagine his birth could be around 1880.
Many thanks
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Leighton family Goudhurst
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 January 05 23:03 GMT (UK) »
I cannot decide whether he was born 1880 and married 1901 or born 1780 and married 1801. If it is the latter you can find what you need on this URL:
http://www.aigs.org.au/kentff1.htm
 8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Reading my original i realise I made a mistake with date putting getting 8 and 9 muddled. Robert would have been born around 1780 as he married earli 1800s.
I looked at the site you suggested but I obviously need the fiche or cds and I have neither. I was hoping someone might have them to be able to look them up.
Thanks
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 May 06 04:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Ringrose

You can now request a lookup for the Goudhurst marriage from Mr D Hills via the Kent Lookup Exchange http://members.tripod.com/~jo42/knt.html  :)

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 May 06 09:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks -have already tried but no record. Perhapsthe name could be Layton?

Ringrose

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 May 06 17:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Ringrose

I'm would have thought that Mr HILLS would have picked up a variant spelling in his index if he looked for the marriage under both Robert & Jane :-\

What is your source to say that they married in Goudhurst 1801 ???

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 May 06 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi there, Looking back to my initial letter I was looking for a possible birth of Robert Leighton and as he was married in Goudhurst(from Mr Hills)early 1800sI wondered if there were any Leighton births there. I now think he must have come from a nearby village.
Sorry about the muddle but my concentration at the moment is not good due to being unwell.

Ringrose