Author Topic: Merthyr family look up please  (Read 1046 times)

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Merthyr family look up please
« on: Wednesday 19 January 05 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Williams family
Researching my grandmother side of the family, i know she lived at 2 Triangle Square, Pentrebach, Merthyr Tydfil around 1901, her name was May,(1900-1962) had a sister Irene, and brother George, i believe parents were George Williams and his wife was Kate.
My grandfathers side his name was Benjamin Williams(1868-1935?), his second marriage was to May.
In 1889-1901 he was in Maerdy and then lived in Argoed in 1911 had 3 children.
Lived at 4 Jenkins Place, Merthyr, i know my father Howard Williams was there in 1933.
Any help is most welcome and thank you in advance.
regards
Paul  Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

melaniep

Re: Merthyr family look up please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 07:28 GMT (UK) »
HI Paul as you are online now I guess you are not in Wales! I have the addresses of the registrars office in Merthyr if that might help?
Cheers
Melanie

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Melanie,
Thanks for the reply, yes please for the address, i will have to go to Merthyr again and take pictures.
Are you in Australia? I found yesterday that a grand uncle was up in Queensland in the 1880's, and my father was born in Ryde NSW in 1929, I have yet to discover why my grandmother was in Australia, as my grandfather was working in Sumatra from august 1911 onwards to 1925?
Came back in early 1930's
Kind regards
Paul Williams
Looking for Williams (Merthyr) and (Briton Ferry), as well as Abraham (Abercanaid)and Gerrard (Dorset and London)

melaniep

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 07:53 GMT (UK) »
HI Paul its
Merthyr Tydfil Ground Floor, Castle House, Glebeland Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8AT.
Tel: 01685 723318

I'm in New Zealand but am from Aberdare originally. Been here 5 years and now married to a Kiwi.

Is there ever anyone in the chat rooms?

Offline paulwilliams

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Melaine,
thanks for the address, i was in the chat room yesterday but i was wanting Welsh inforamtion they were all talking about the snow here!
regards
Paul  Williams

melaniep

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 19 January 05 08:08 GMT (UK) »
everytime i go in there I'm all alone!