Author Topic: Gravestone Photo Request at St Luke's in Farnworth  (Read 5590 times)

Offline randers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Working on family history since 2001
    • View Profile
Gravestone Photo Request at St Luke's in Farnworth
« on: Monday 19 May 08 22:31 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping someone can stop by St Luke's Churchyard and see if there are any old gravestones for Robinsons. The church is located at the the intersection of Coroners Lane and Pit Lane in Farnworth. I think at least two of my ancestors were buried there. I do not know their death dates. The ancestors are  Peter and Ellen Jackson Robinson (Sr) of Bold, Lancashire and Peter and Martha Scott Robinson (Jr) of Hulme, Cheshire. Peter and Martha's daughter, Hannah (Mrs. Jonathan Heap of Manchester), is my connection.

Thanks,
Richard Anderson
Andersons of Cumbernauld and Heaps of Kendal

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gravestone Photo Request at St Luke's in Farnworth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 May 08 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard, i would first make contact with the church to see if they hold any burial records or if they could help you with your request.

St. Luke's

CONTACT 4 ST.LUKE's

ps. I do love what pops up as you run the mouse over your name ( the advert )
Migky ;)

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 May 08 09:53 BST (UK) »
Thats funny, one of the sites says it is in Lancashire and the other says it is in Cheshire? If it is Farnworth Lancashire i could possible go over there some time but not if it is cheshire/Widnes

St. Luke's

CONTACT 4 ST.LUKE's

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 May 08 10:51 BST (UK) »
Migky

Coroners lane/Pit Lane are in Widnes near Runcorn and not in the Bolton area

Ken

Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline randers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Working on family history since 2001
    • View Profile
Gravestone Photo Request at St. Elphin in Warrington
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 May 08 16:42 BST (UK) »
Dear MIGKY and KENHAR,

Thanks for your replies and help.

I have to correct my first message. After I posted it, I checked my source again. I used a website called "Online Parish Clerks for the County of Lancashire".  It appears that all of my Robinson ancestors were buried at St. Elphin in Warrington (not St Luke's). They are listed under the web page for "Farnsworth near Prescot" and then "Whole county".

I discovered there was a Thomas Jackson Robinson buried at St. Elphin on 14 Dec 1836 at age 12. He was a son of my ancestors, Peter Robinson Jr. and Martha Scott. It looks like Thomas's parents (Peter and Martha Scott Robinson) and grandparents (Peter and Eleanor Jackson Robinson ) are also there.

Since I don't have death dates for my direct ancestors, I figure locating Thomas Jackson Robinson's gravestone would be  the thing to do. 

I'll see if I can contact St. Elphin and get more details.

Best regards,
Richard Anderson

Andersons of Cumbernauld and Heaps of Kendal