Author Topic: STOREY WAKERLEY : lost family papers  (Read 6401 times)

Offline ANNICK

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
STOREY WAKERLEY : lost family papers
« on: Wednesday 21 May 08 09:31 BST (UK) »
My great-aunt Katherine Mary Storey married late Wallace R. Wakerley in 1974. She died a few months later and her husband moved away from Dawlish (Devon) where they lived. Katherine was very keen on family history and according to her sister, kept pictures and documents concerning the Storeys which could fill many gaps in my own research.
I would be extremely grateful to be in contact with the Wakerley family who may have kept those documents after Wallace's death.
Many thanks for your kind attention.

Annick :)
in Paris
STOREY :  Lambeth, Bermondsey, Dawlish
SUMMERS :  Walworth, East Dulwich
Winckler: South India

Offline Sturdy

• RootsChat Member
  • John PARK and Louisa Jane PARK (nee STOREY) 1889
    • View Profile
Re: STOREY WAKELY : LOST FAMILY PAPERS
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 August 09 04:32 BST (UK) »
Annick - noticed the reference to STOREY family of Lambeth. Any connection with John STOREY (Butcher) formerly of 165 Waterloo Rd Lambeth in the 1850's, or his father John STOREY (Coachman) last (Died) in Battersea in 1854?

Sturdy 
STOREY Family London (Spitialfields, Shoreditch, Lambeth, Wandsworth) & Ballarat Aust 

PARK family Glasgow

MILLS (MILES) Family Kirkmaiden - Wigtownshire, Glasgow & Geelong Vic and Moulamein NSW, Aust

MILLER family London (Bethnal Green, Mile End Old Town) & Auckland, NZ

AVON family Cobh, Queenstown, Cashel (HUSSEY Family), Ireland & Melbourne Australia -

Offline ANNICK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: STOREY WAKERLEY : LOST FAMILY PAPERS
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 August 09 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Sturdy,
I am jut back from holidays. I have got a John Storey bapt. 21/01/1799 St Mary at Lambeth, son of Robert Edward Storey and his wife Elizabeth nee Oldfield. Have you got the marriage or baptism of your John, the coachman ?
All my Storeys were born and lived  in Lambeth  from c.1750 until 1890's.
Thanks for your reply. Best wishes from Paris,

Annick

Offline bleach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STOREY Family, Lambeth
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 March 10 22:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Annick

Hope you are keeping well?  Since last contacting you I may have further information on Elizabeth Oldfield it is not 100% reliable but might be of some help as follows:

Her parents maybe John Oldfield b.1742 Whitechapel, London bap. 6/6/1747 Whitechapel, died 17/9/1828 Southwark, Surrey.  Mother: Eleanor Jones b.1737 Holborn, London.   I believe the marriage took place on the 24/11/1765 St.Mary Magdelan, Southwark, Surrey and had the following Children including Elizabeth.

Eleanor b.1770 St.Martins in the Field, Westminster, London
John b.1772 St.Martins in the Field
Anne b.1773 St.Martins in the Field
Robert b.1779 St.Martins in the Field.

Regards.
Michaela.

Offline ANNICK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Oldfield
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 March 10 08:07 BST (UK) »
How nice to receive your message Michaela. Thanks for the info. Actually, I saw the marriage record of Robert Edward and Elizabeth Oldfield in St James Piccadilly, Westminster which took place on January 5th, 1790. They was no mention that the bride was "under age" although according to the date of her baptism, she was 15. The witness was Mary Storey.
On Elizabeth death's record which occured in 1846, she was 77, so born in 1769. So I don't know if the record I found in St James Piccadilly is the right one, despite the fact that the groom was a "Robert Edward Storey". I found the mention of this marriage in the Pallot marriage index and checked it in Westminster Archives. But it could be another couple.
Tell me what you think. If you give me your e-mail address, I'll send you Elizabeth's death record.
Regards,

Annick

Offline bleach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STOREY
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 March 10 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Annick

Good to hear from you again.

I am just as puzzled as you are, but I will go on my instincts at the moment of what I have gathered so far.

The Storey family seems to be very complicated and a vast expansion of them up in the North of England.  Have you been able to confirm whom Robert Edward Storey parents are if not my suspicions for the father is either William or Joseph. If I am wrong I would welcome any corrections.

My e-mail address is (*)

Regards.
Michaela.

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

The Rootschat personal message system will be automatically activated
when a member has made two or three posts on the boards.
See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php