Author Topic: Look Up: Joseph Cronshaw DEAN  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
Look Up: Joseph Cronshaw DEAN
« on: Thursday 22 May 08 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi to all,

I have seen this man's name in occurs  in the Scotsman (Edinburgh and Midlothian) Newspaper on the following dates:

4th May 1945
28th May 1945
15th June 1945
27th June 1945
28th June 1945

there was an article and/or mention of a gentleman named Joseph Cronshaw Dean.    It is a fairly unusual combination of names.    He is the missing link in my family research.   There is a big gap between 1961 and 1971 and we suspect he may have been detained at Her Majesty's pleasure or maybe in a Hospital.    The article from 1945 is a surprise and may be we can glean some further information from it (my sister and I).

I would be eternally grateful if anyone can help me with a look-up.

Sadly, and I apologise, I am not very computer literate and I can't understand what I am supposed to do to get a reply.   I would hate you to get the info and reply and I not know and at least say thankyou.   I know that sounds pathetic but its true!

Sue

Moderator comment: since this request appears to relate to someone who might still be alive, please pass any details by the Personal Message system, in order to protect their privacy.  Thanks
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)

Offline anner

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up: Joseph Cronshaw DEAN
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 May 08 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
Sorry to say it doesnt actually mention his name in Ancestry, what it does is picks out individual keywords, i.e. dean of faculty. If you put in for exact match nothing comes up.

Regards
Anne
Scotland:Ross, Wilson, Slater, Reid, White.
England: Todd, Butterworth, Bearpark, Angell, Spreadborough,
to name but a few.

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up: The Scotsman or Anc.co
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 May 08 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,   

Thank you for your response.   When I filled in the search form on ancestry I put all his details in and went for "publications" and it came up with The Scotsman and Joseph Cronshaw Dean plus the dates.    I am really sad if this is true that it is not him - I actually thought I was on to something.

Sue ???
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)

Offline mariac

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 May 08 13:29 BST (UK) »
Ann his name is in Newspapers and Periodicals  SCOTSMAN.
 I can get his name but for some reason Iam having a problem getting the information up
Tells me there is an error processing  request
Perhaps you may have some success
Regards
Mariac

Offline anner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 May 08 13:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue and Mariac,
The pages I looked at are the Scotsman and as I say it doesnt actually have his name. I cant understand it as it definately states his name on the search. I put him in as an exact match and he disapears.
Scotland:Ross, Wilson, Slater, Reid, White.
England: Todd, Butterworth, Bearpark, Angell, Spreadborough,
to name but a few.

Offline mariac

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 May 08 13:47 BST (UK) »

Hi Anne and Sue,
Sorry Anne I misunderstood you. I thought you meant you could not find his name.
Yes it is strange as it does mention his name in the list.
Regards
Mariac

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 May 08 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi all,    I have my fingers crossed so tightly it hurts! ??? Sue

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 May 08 18:05 BST (UK) »
To all,

The moderator has put a message on that this person may still be alive.   He was born in 1900.    He definitely isn't - I have his death certificate - he died in August 1974 in Brighton, Sussex.   I definitely wouldn't have put his name on here if he was alive.

Sue

Moderator comment: spologies - thread restored