Author Topic: Liverpool;  (Read 2851 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Liverpool;
« on: Wednesday 19 January 05 17:15 GMT (UK) »
I have a family name and address for 1920 or 1922.
is there any way i can find out all about the people  living at the address at that time.

Thanks

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Liverpool;
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 January 05 16:46 GMT (UK) »
I have a family name and address for 1920 or 1922.
is there any way i can find out all about the people living at the address at that time.

Thanks
Hello Valerie if only that were possible we wouldnt need to do any research on our family ;D  Where About's is the address maybe i can help ???

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia
Very new to this searching (what do you mean you can tell) looking for my great uncle Robert Davies information i have on him is as follows, in 1920 he was living at 24 Picton Road Wavertree Liverpool.
He was working as a chauffeur  he was married to Anne and he originally came from wales i have not got a birth certificate for him and he is proving very hard to trace.

Any ideas or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 March 05 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Valerie,was he a family driver,(cant spell shuffer,)or for hire with the car?

Cheers,Goggy.

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 March 05 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Goggy

To be honest i have no idea, these details were given to me by Dr Bernardo's when i started to trace my mothers family.

I think he moved back to Holywell which is Wales in later life but i am not really sure.

On finding details about Roberts brother and sisters i don't think they had a lot of money so i am assuming Robert worked for some one unless he was hell bent on working for his self.

regards  Valerie

Offline goggy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Valerie1,
Picton Rd would have been fairly up market ,no 24 would be the townward end.Would Anne give you any leads,should think also that a car,would need some of the usual bumf(paperwork)attached to the adress,even then.
More work!Cheers,Goggy

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any idea of Robert's age?  For instance, was he a young man or a grandfather in 1924?  Do you know the names/dob of any of his children?  Lancashire BMD lists several marriages between Robert Davies and Anne Something, but that's no use if he was married in Wales!

MR
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 16 March 05 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello groggy & Manchester Rambler

I think Robert was born in1892 0r 1893, i am waiting for a birth certificate as we speak, but Rhys registrar's office have moved and they have staff shortages so the wait is long and if my luck is anything to go by it wont be my Robert.

I know his children were called Wesley,Margaret and Bobby this info was passed to me by a cousin of my mothers who i traced to Australia unfortunately he died last year with out me gaining any more info.

Robert had one brother and five sisters i have found all there birth certificate ext one who was Gwen and of course Robert.

I have no idea where he married but know from my source in Australia that Anne who i think buy now must have died moved  to Hollower.

If there is paperwork for the car etc i have no idea how to obtain it, I contacted Liverpool Council a few months ago but they could not help at all.

I need to say something else as well as you can see, i posted this message in January and i poster a similar message on the Welsh site looking for Roberts family, and another person, contacted me to cut a long story short he said he had found Wesley (Robert's) son. through the electoral records, and unknown to me he went round there, I could not believe it its the last thing i would have wanted if i had an address for them i would have written introduced myself and seen what came of it.
The contact said he would only give me there address by phone as Wesley wife was not happy with her address being put over the web (understandably).

As i would never ring anybody i did not know so it looks as though i have lost the chance to correspone with my Mothers family.

Aha well such is life.Sorry for the novel

Offline goggy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 17 March 05 01:30 GMT (UK) »
Valerie,be polite,dont be shy,dont give up!To the stubborn go the spoils R kid.
               Go where Devils fear to tread!!Goggy 8)