Author Topic: Long-lost relatives  (Read 8195 times)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Long-lost relatives
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 August 08 09:22 BST (UK) »
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 August 08 09:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Shaun, yes I have: - gottit a while back  :)
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline Deb D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm not over 40 ... I'm 39.95 plus tax!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 October 08 14:40 BST (UK) »
Here's a "sort-of" update: - I've found someone whom I believe to be DDT's son in a Census in Laramie, Wyoming (?!), in 1880!  He's listed as "D J Tatham", a bartender, living at the home of a certain wealthy Mr Ivinson - who apparently ran for president or some such thing ... and I wouldn't have twigged, except that his birthplace is marked as Austria - should be Australia - with parents both born in England.

Unfortunately after that Census ... he does a disappearing act, too!  What IS it with these Duncan Tathams?!?!
I live in Sydney, Australia, and I'm researching: Powell, Tatham, Dunbar, Dixon, Mackwood, Kinnear, Mitchell, Morgan, Delves, & Anderson

Offline mystman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 December 08 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jean  ;D

... Just found this thread, and I'm wondering whether anyone was actually looking for a relative of mine, Duncan Dunbar Tatham ?  He's gone missing after 1857, when his wife died in Geelong, Victoria: - family members had to travel from England to retrieve his two children, but we don't know whether DDT was the one who handed the kids over to his "rellies", or whether he'd disappeared before that.  No indication, from family references, that anyone kept in touch with him.  From 1857, there don't appear to be any records of him, anywhere  :-\

If you have the time to look for references to him in the "Long-Lost Relatives" columns, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
Deb

Offline mystman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 December 08 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Shaun, yes I have: - gottit a while back  :)

Offline mystman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 December 08 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jean  ;D

... Just found this thread, and I'm wondering whether anyone was actually looking for a relative of mine, Duncan Dunbar Tatham ?  He's gone missing after 1857, when his wife died in Geelong, Victoria: - family members had to travel from England to retrieve his two children, but we don't know whether DDT was the one who handed the kids over to his "rellies", or whether he'd disappeared before that.  No indication, from family references, that anyone kept in touch with him.  From 1857, there don't appear to be any records of him, anywhere  :-\

If you have the time to look for references to him in the "Long-Lost Relatives" columns, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
Deb

Offline mystman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 December 08 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am new to this site so hope I can make sense. Deb D refers to a relative Duncan Dunbar Tatham. Now there cannot be many with this name and Tatham is a family name of mine, my Grandmother being a Tatham. I have a strange artifact inscribed Duncan Dunbar Tatham dated 1843. It is a black glass rolling pin, which is also inscribed with pictures of a sailing ship, an early steamship, palmtrees and a Chinese or Burmese style bridge. This was inherited from my Grandmother.  The odd thing is that having had it in my possession for 40 odd years, I entered the name Duncan Dunbar Tatham on Google two days ago just on a whim and was astonished to see that name crop up on this web site. I would very much like to get contact with Deb since it seems we must be related in some way! Any news of this mysterious Duncan D Tatham would be welcome.
Cheers
Robin alias mystman

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 December 08 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Mystman- you seem to just be posting quotes from previous posts (possibly clicking in 'insert quote' link?). If you wish to post a reply here click the 'reply' button on the last item posted, type your message in the big white box and then click the 'post' button.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ennael

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 23 December 08 21:54 GMT (UK) »
found this on www.records.nsw.gov.au

TATHAM D D Mr  King William P 12/9/1851 Melbourne SMH From England

and then:

http://ndpbeta.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/680191?searchTerm=tatham

Leanne