Author Topic: Walter Jones  (Read 4160 times)

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Jones
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 December 10 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Transcribed from original post

Hi its frenchy
Trying not v well to work this site out? Hope you can work out my not very experienced writing :-

I’ll start with my Nan Ida Jones born Cradly, Stourbridge in 1915 and married William Henry Dawson Bennett, at Bargoed in 1941, after courting for 13 yrs in Brithdir!

Ida’s father Walter Jones was born 28/5/1892 Cradly. Walter married Sarah J Hamblett at Stourbridge in 1914. Sarah J had 2 brothers: Wilfred and Hedley Samuel. In 1901 census they were all with their parents in Lye, Stourbridge. Hedley Hamblett was born 1863 and married Harriet in 1886.

Walter was killed in WW1 in France on 30/3/1918 and is buried at Etaples France. Afterwards his widow Sarah J ended up in Brithdir with my Nan Ida. Sarah is buried with her second husband, and Ida is buried with William Bennett, all at Brithdir Cemetery.

Walter had 4 brothers: Bertie, Frank, John H and Alfie, all born in Cradly. In 1901 they were all living in Banner St. I think Frank moved to Canada?

Walter’s father was Walter Isaac Jones born 1865, son of Isaac Jones born Dudley in 1829 and Anna M ? born 1832. His siblings were: Lavinia, Mary J, Anna, Sarah, Maria, Alice and Emily.

Walter Isaac married Haldah (or Aulda Bate) in 1888 Stourbridge 6c 180. In 1901 census he was age 37 and his wife 36yrs.

If anyone can fill any gaps in would be grateful. thanx frenchy

Moderator comment: amended to make clearer

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Jones
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 December 10 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frenchy
I need to sit down and work through the details; if I can help in anyway I will do so gladly. 

Have you received the PM I sent you? 

When you say your Nan Ida Jones married William Bennett after courting for 13 years in Brithdir, I take it then that she lived in Brithdir, do you know where.

Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk