Author Topic: Fatfield  (Read 47553 times)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fatfield
« Reply #36 on: Friday 19 September 08 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I believe the Church was built about 1875 so the reccords only start from there!
John BROWN was Christened on 9 April 1882, parents John BROWN and Elizabeth.
Noreen
York

Fatfield St. George was created in 1875, but the Baptism records start August 1876.
See http://www.durham.gov.uk/recordoffice/dro.nsf/vwebplaces

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline john51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 05 October 08 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, St George's church at Fatfield has a Roll of Honour for the First World War on an internal wall I believe.  Amongst the names is my son in laws great grandfather, H. (Henry) Wells - he was killed.
Does anyone know where the information for the Roll Of Honour came from or whether there is any back up information? I am keen to know Henry's regiment - I think it may be The Northumberland Fusiliers but would like to confirm that.
Thanks, John
Moore - Sheffield and Lincs
Morris - Bingham, Notts & Sheffield
Bellamy - Sheffield
Evans - Wednesbury
Warren - Co Durham
Wells - Co Durham/Leicestershire

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 05 October 08 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

Have you looked on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission site:
 http://www.cwgc.org/

There are four pages for the name H.Wells, on the first page is Private Henry Wells of the Northumberland Fusiliers, memorial is at Thiepval, France, unfortunately no age or other details given, apart from his service number and date of death.

Details of his medal card can be viewed on ancestry if you have access

Barbara

`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline john51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 06 October 08 07:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara, Yes, I got what I think are his details from the CWGC site. I then got his  medal card but there are no address or next of kin details on it.
So, whilst the Henry Wells in the Northumberland Fusiliers on the CWGC site looks to be the right one, I can't be certain until I can find some corroborative data somewhere.
Regards, John
Bellamy - Sheffield
Evans - Wednesbury
Warren - Co Durham

Offline June Edwards

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 19 October 08 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hi My Name is June Edwards but my maiden name was Smith.
I lived in Fatfield for about 8 years up until 1948.
One address being 10 Biddick Inn Terrace.
I'm searching for two cousins I've long since lost contact with.
Avril McDonald & her brother Adrian who  lived at 13  South-view Fatfield with their parents.
Anyone who may remember them or more probably there families or even were to look for information
would be  very much appreciated.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 03 November 08 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi June,

Welcome to Rootschat   :)

Have you tried the local phone books and electoral registers? - (these are kept at the libraries or local archives)

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline john51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 07 November 08 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, St George's church at Fatfield has a Roll of Honour for the First World War on an internal wall I believe.  Amongst the names is my son in laws great grandfather, H. (Henry) Wells - he was killed.
Does anyone know where the information for the Roll Of Honour came from or whether there is any back up information? I am keen to know Henry's regiment - I think it may be The Northumberland Fusiliers but would like to confirm that.
Thanks, John
I have now managed to confirm that Henry Wells was in the Northumberland Fusliers.
Thanks to all who troubled to look at my post.
John
Bellamy - Sheffield
Evans - Wednesbury
Warren - Co Durham

Offline arnold

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 21:30 GMT (UK) »
 we purchased fatfield house 2 years ago from the lambton estate we have carried out a great deal of restoration work on the house in this time and now we are trying to find out some history we know one family rented the house and farm for 136 year but we have not been able to find any photos if anyone can help in any way we would be very greatfull                                                                                                                                 
       ARNIE

Offline Billy Fish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Friday 14 November 08 00:56 GMT (UK) »
I've also got a lot of Family links in the Fatfield area. The family first moved to the pub known as The Bush down by the river at Penshaw Staithes at the turn of the century.
At one time it was set up as a temperance bar I believe.
If anyone had any info or pictures of the old place they would be much appreciated.