Author Topic: Fatfield  (Read 47575 times)

Offline lincainers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fatfield
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 16 July 09 23:06 BST (UK) »
we purchased fatfield house 2 years ago from the lambton estate we have carried out a great deal of restoration work on the house in this time and now we are trying to find out some history we know one family rented the house and farm for 136 year but we have not been able to find any photos if anyone can help in any way we would be very greatfull                                                                                                                                 
       ARNIE

Offline lincainers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 16 July 09 23:10 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this will help but I have a book called HISTORY of FATFIELD AND HARRATON written by Albert Hind in the 1970's and there is a small picture of Fatfield House in that which I could send you.

Offline lincainers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 16 July 09 23:13 BST (UK) »
If you mean HISTORY of FATFIELD AND HARRATON by Albert L. Hind - written in 1974 - then I have a copy.

Offline lincainers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 16 July 09 23:19 BST (UK) »
got small picture of Dun Cow in HISTORY of FATFIELD AND HARRATON

Offline Noreen Rose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 17 July 09 09:36 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to find someone who has a copy of this book, which I purchased when I lived in 'Whitegates' the house next to the Church.  My son Christopher took it with him when he left home and has lost it.

My mother was Nora GRAYDON bn 1903 died 2000 is a descendent of the Chester Le Street GRAYDONS and some of them worked at the Pits in that area.  Her mother was Mary Elizabeth ARMSTRONG and Robert ARMSTRONG her brother married in Fatfield and lived there all his life.  His head stone was in the Graveyard next to our house.

Is it possibe that some kind person could photocopy their copy of this book and send it to me in YORK please?

Noreen Rose
York
Noreen
York uk

Offline sophiekaty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 05 July 10 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hi , I have just found Roots , I was born in Fatfield in Biddick Inn Terrace , and I am doing my family history .
My Nana had the fish shop opposite the terrace , my dad was a friend of Alfred Hind who wrote the book and I would love to find a copy .
My family were the Cook's and Fletchers .
I love Fatfield and the worm hill.

Offline castlestreet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 11 July 10 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,
Small world, i was born and brought up in the village of Fatfield, which used to be in the County of Durham. Such a beautiful little village at one time before farm land became dual carriageways etc...Fatfield is the village in the town of Washington and the county of Tyne & Wear as it is today. Before Fatfield had its own church, St Georges, bap, burials & marriages were held at St Marys Chester-le-Street also at St Johns Birtley. St George's was built towards the late 1800s, i do have the exact date but not handy at the minute..My family go back to the early 1700s in Fatfield, pitmen, farmers, and shop owners and my grandfather made the bricks that built St Georges church, a long time ago!

Regards
Sam-
ann

Hi sam-ann,i am new to this so here goes,looking for information on past boyhood friends from late 1950s to early 1970s.my family name is spear and we lived in castle street.my father worked at houghton colliery as most men did at that time.i spent many a happy hour down at the river as a boy learning to swim and fish as most boys did at that time.if you could help i would be pleased to here from you.yours richard

Offline Noreen Rose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 11 July 10 13:38 BST (UK) »
We lived in the detached house next to the Church 'Whitegates' from about 1965.  Two of our sons went to the junior school and another went to Washington Comprehensive.  The eldest was at Great Ayton.

Our surname is 'ROSE' 

Noreen Rose
Noreen
York uk

Offline sophiekaty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 11 July 10 17:13 BST (UK) »
Our house probably had been demolished by the time you got there , I moved to Harraton in August 1962,with Mum and Dad and My brother Allen .
I married in 1964 and moved to Northumberland where I have lived ever since , My Mum is 93 and living in Lambton Village which is part of the Washington New Town development .
I still love Fatfield Village , but I never see any of my school chums .
Sandi.