Author Topic: Bassets Directory or similar after 1888  (Read 1246 times)

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bassets Directory or similar after 1888
« on: Tuesday 27 May 08 20:04 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me where I would find ANY directory after 1888 for the Lurgan area?  I am trying to find when my great grandfather, John Bannister disappeared from these directories.  He was in the 1888 one, a farmer living in Shankill.  I am trying to establish the year when he died.  RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline aljepeka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Bassets Directory or similar after 1888
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 00:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosemary Joan,

I know it is before the year 1888 but this was on Proni's will database. You more than likely have the info already but I thought I'd pass it on just in case....

Title:     
Forename:  Joseph   
Surname:  Bannister   
Alt Surname:     
    Date Of Death:  18/02/1883   
Date Of Grant:  12/12/1883   
Effects:  Effects £98 10s.   
Registry:  Armagh   

Full Abstract:
The Will of Joseph Bannister late of Tullygully County Armagh Farmer deceased who died 18 February 1883 at same place was proved at Armagh by John Bannister of Shankill and Thomas Williams of Silverwood both in County Armagh Farmers the Executors. 

Regards,
BArbara
HARVEY-Drumnagoon/Seagoe/Portadown
McMURRAY,GIBSON,FITZSIMMONS-Crossmacaughley/Crossmacahilly/Moyraverty/Portadown
WOODS-Knocknamuckley/Portadown
CARDWELL,MORELAND-Dromore/Dromara/Waringstown
BOWEN-Tipperary
FREEBURN-Tartaraghan/Drumcree/Derrylard/Portadown

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bassets Directory or similar after 1888
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 May 08 10:03 BST (UK) »
Dear Barbara, Yes, thanks for that.  Joseph was John's brother and I have got a copy of the will.  John didn't leave one - darn it.  However, the farm that Joseph left to his sister was in Clogher, Co. Antrim for her lifetime, and then to James Bannister (my grandfather, I think).  Joseph was a gate keeper on the railway, so obviously didn't have a taste for farming.  Thanks for the input. These Bannisters are slippery customers. RosemaryJoan
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)