Author Topic: Brisbane Mini Meet - 19th October  (Read 22014 times)

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Nanna on her wedding day
    • View Profile
Re: Brisbane Mini Meet - 19th October
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 07:36 BST (UK) »
Indooroopilly is much easier than Chermside IMHO - but then I grew up near Indro and my Mum used to have a shop in the complex, so I know it well.
GRACE, HADLEY, ION,MURFET(T), SIZER, WALTERS, WISE - Tasmania,

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

LEONARD, ROLLINGS, SIZER/SIZAR and many others - Cambridgeshire

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 07:38 BST (UK) »

That does help Kazza............ ;D ;D   Perhaps it's only me that gets lost in shopping centres.......    ::) ::)
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Nanna on her wedding day
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 07:41 BST (UK) »
Well I get lost in Chermside!   I am not bad at navigating them though - have been all over Queensland installing computers in shops so you get to see all kinds.
GRACE, HADLEY, ION,MURFET(T), SIZER, WALTERS, WISE - Tasmania,

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

LEONARD, ROLLINGS, SIZER/SIZAR and many others - Cambridgeshire

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 09:36 BST (UK) »

Oh, what terrible things to say about one of the best shopping centres in Brisbane after the City itself.  I love Indro..... it's got everything........ well almost.....

Jenn............. I'll come with you.... I never get lost there.

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 10:22 BST (UK) »

There's always a first time........ ;D ;D ;D

And we're to get another for our meet are we Karen??
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 10:25 BST (UK) »

Not sure Barbara.... there was interest shown at the time...... we'll see if it last the distance.

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 10:29 BST (UK) »

I'll bring the list forward.

Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 10:31 BST (UK) »

Let me know if there's anyone else for the meet.........the more the merrier      ;D

KazzaQld
Karenlee
Ozlady
Trish
Me
Prue      Maybe
JackieQld   
Charlotte
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 15:32 BST (UK) »

Oh, what terrible things to say about one of the best shopping centres in Brisbane after the City itself.  I love Indro..... it's got everything........ well almost.....

Jenn............. I'll come with you.... I never get lost there.

Karenlee

karenlee

I'm getting the soap out after that support for Indooroopilly - bricks and mortar. Have you ever looked at it from Mt Cootha or the top of the Cemetery - ahhhhhhhh - terrible place

But, if you like shopping centres, it's probably no worse than others  ;D

It's certainly not a getting lost place Barbara - 3 floors - straight, no curves and corners - 1 building. My daughter rang 000 for help the first time I went to the Myer Centre in the city. Convinced I was lost for all time  ;D   ;D Definitely take the packed lunch.

And for whoever said to get the bus from Indro to the city and walk over the bridge to Southbank? The bus goes over the bridge - no need to walk - unless you want the exercise  ;D  ;D - but oh my gosh - got the bus home last Wednesday at 4pm - sardines is the polite description as to us in the bus - 35 minutes from City to Indro- ahhhhhhh

Is 19 October a Sunday? If so, I might drive, if I can afford the petrol. If you get there before 10, can usually park in the library car park.

Trish

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk