Author Topic: Charles e firth  (Read 3771 times)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Charles e firth
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 May 08 20:34 BST (UK) »
I am afraid I cant answer that one Jane, I know nothing of the area.

It just seemed logical that as the children were born close together that they might all be in the same registration dist, but thats only my opinion.

You must go with what you think is correct and take the chance.

I thought the marriage I found was a strong possibility but again why Wakefield  ???

Both names seem common to the area and the problem is we could have more than one family but all with the same names  ::)

I dont think we can be sure of anything much with this family it would seem.

Charles Edward b. Q1 1859 Huddersfield  Vol 9a Pg. 261

This is the one I deleted, it was found by someone else.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 30 May 08 12:35 BST (UK) »
The Wakefield marriage is a very good possibility because the areas of Denby Dale, Emley and Cumberworth are all on the border with Huddersfield and Wakefield.

In fact I have a friend who lives in Denby and its easier for her to go shopping in Wakefield than Huddersfield  8).

Jane
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 30 May 08 15:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Jane, :)

So the Huddersfield birth might be more realistic than the Bradford one I found. ???

Perhaps this could be a possibility for Matilda's birth  Dec q. 1856 Huddersfield 9a - 284    :-\

this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline j.m.firth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 20:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help. I have ordered the following birth certificate (to start with):-

Charles Edward Firth - Huddersfield 1859 9a-261

I'll let you know the results!! Fingers crossed.

Jane

Offline Russell V R Ord

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Ords of Durham and Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 February 09 07:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jane,

Charles Edward Firth married Sarah Ann Beevers (1887).  She was the daughter of Thomas Beevers and Jane Blacker.

Charles was the son of Thomas Firth and Sarah Ann Micklethwaite.

Sarah Ann was the daughter of John Micklethwaite and Elizabeth Horn (married 1828).  The confusion is because of the previous and future marriages of Elizabeth.  See below;

In 1816, Elizabeth married Daniel Heap and had a son called Daniel Heap in 1826.

In 1828, Elizabeth married John Micklethwaite and had the children; Ann (1829), William (1932) and Sarah Ann (1835).

Later, Elizabeth married a Thomas Berry (I cannot find this marriage).

John Micklethwaite had previously been married to Elizabeth Heward in 1816 and had the following children;  Joseph (1817), George (1818), Jonathan (1820) and John (1822).

I hope this makes sense and helps a little.

All the best

Russell

http://skelmanthorpe.tribalpages.com/

Offline j.m.firth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 February 09 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Russell, Thank you for the information, it's hugely helpful and has filled in gaps and confirmed lots of grey areas. I'll be resuming my research in earnest once again! Your Skelmanthorpe project is very impressive, I will enjoy  taking time to study it. Thanks once again.
 Jane