Author Topic: Copies of microfiche from County Records Office  (Read 12863 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Copies of microfiche from County Records Office
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 21:49 BST (UK) »
Don't have any from your research areas Toni but if I ever make it down to Exeter I'll be sure to post my 'leftovers' on here!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline lindarhead

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 02 September 09 14:50 BST (UK) »
I've just received scanned copies of some microfiche from a recently discovered relative, for the Fradley family in Staffordshire, only thing is I can't quite make out all the column headings across the top.I'm okay up to the one headed Town,Parish, but after that there come three columns with a single letter as a header and dates in the columns...can anyone tell me what these three columns are? I'm thinking the letters are B C and then the third could be anything I can't make it out at all. Some of these columns instead of a date just say Child. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers, Linda Rhead

I was going to attach a copy but they've been sent to me as BMP files not Jpegs..anybody know how to change to Jpeg?.... :-[

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 01 October 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda
Sorry for the delay in replying to this and your P.M., I haven't been on Rootschat for months (it's been summer!).
I assume you're referring to baptisms as you mention 'child'? The ones I have don't have dates in the last three columns, burials don't either. I think the layout varies throughout the centuries, what period of time are you referring to?

Sorry, don't know how to change a bitmap to a jpeg. 
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline lindarhead

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 02 October 09 15:02 BST (UK) »
It's okay Roobarb, I've sorted it now, in fact I now have copies of the original handwritten baptism,marriage & burial parish records for Gayton,Staffs from 1593 -1837,plus three other Staffs parishes in book form.

Thanks anyway,

Linda

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 02 October 09 18:04 BST (UK) »
Go for it!!  Perhaps it can be extended to other areas too. Remember the Lincolnshire OPC which was excellent has folded, leaving something of a void.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 03 October 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just found your post, is there an OPC for North, East and West Yorkshire (no offence South Yorkshire, not many ancestors there), mine are scattered all over some straying across into Lancs, Lincs, Norfolk and Leics on my Mum's side. 

Julie

I don't have access to a microfiche reader there is one in the library but most of our records are in storage until Harrogate reopens it's main library next year.