Author Topic: Fleming/McLeery  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Lorry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Fleming/McLeery
« on: Thursday 20 January 05 03:27 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on Sarah Jane McLeery Born aug. 11,1815 married to David Fleming born Feb 11, 1852 Children( Jane Miller Born Mar 28, 1871,)(Samuel born Feb.22,1872)(Mary born 1877,)( John born ? )(David born ?) (Margaret Kirk born April 3,1883,)( Sarah born Jan1, 1886) Robert born Jan 24,1888)Jane Miller Married Robert Webb Feb 26,1891.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming/McLeery
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 April 05 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorry,

Sarah Jane's DoB and David Fleming's DoB may be correct but things do not look right.
Jane Miller Fleming born when Sarah was 56 and Robert born when she was 73 ?
It would appear as though you should be looking through old newspapers of the time.
A woman having a child at age 73 in this day and age usually hits the headlines.   :D

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 21:09 BST (UK) »
This family appears in one record as from Antrim Co. and the surnames are usually spelled Flemming/Fleming and McCleary/(misread as McClury.)   There were several centers in Antrim  of  McCleary/McCleery families, but I don't know where Flemings tended to live. 

Presbyterian and Church of Ireland  McClearys are often found near Belfast and  in Co. Down.  From your given names, I would guess your McClearys were either Presbyterian or Church of Ireland.   Catholic McClearys often lived west of Belfast as a VERY general guide.  I don't know what religion the Carnmoney area McClearys usually were. 

David was said to be born March 19, 1880, but no location was given in the source I saw. 

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 May 05 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Folks,

A very useful tool for the people researching Irish ancestors. You can check names individually and you can also cross check to find the counties in which families of both surnames were living at the same time.

Ireland Ancestors Surname Search covering the period of Griffiths Valuation of Ireland 1848 - 64 http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/surname/index.cfm

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 August 05 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorry,

Here's a site giving a lot of Feming information

http://groups.msn.com/FLEMMINGFAMILYSITE/landownersire1876.msnw

Best Wishes Christopher

Note: a message on the web page states that msn groups service will close in Feb.2009