Author Topic: Can someone read the Brides mothers name please?  (Read 3007 times)

Offline bridgy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone read the Brides mothers name please?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 May 08 10:29 BST (UK) »
Hey
Where did my first reply go to??  I thanked you all for your efforts - I really appreciate how quickly you replied - then said that my family always thought the name was 'Dollar' and the IGI shows 'dollar' but after seeing this cert, the name does not look like Dollar.  Can anyone tell me  if one or all of these names are known in Armagh??
For the second time, thank you all very much for your help.  Any further help will be appreciated as I have been looking for this lady for a long time.
Regards
Jan
Rossiter, Waldron (Kildare), Kelly, Cox, Dollar (Co Armagh), Bridges, Bennett, Hodgson (Bedfordshire), Roberts (Liverpool), Peirce, Tutton (Somerset), Goodwin, Tomlinson (Lancashire), Lovell ( Midlothian)
Rossiter, Kelly, Bridges, Roberts, Goodwin (Australia)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 May 08 10:41 BST (UK) »
IGI gives Hannah's mother maiden name as Dollar and her sister Charlotte is also shown with mother as Martha Dollar. Best thing to do would be to get Hannah's birth certificate as it's likely to be more accurate than the information on her Australian marriage certificate.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 May 08 23:49 BST (UK) »
found this marriage, don't know if it will help.

marriage. WILLIAM KELLY TO MARTHA DOLLAR 2-2-1877 @ PORTADOWN COFI, PORTADOWN, LURGAN, ARMAGH.

regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline bridgy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 31 May 08 07:09 BST (UK) »
to Mary and Aghadowey
Thanks for your help as well.  I knew about the IGI but seeing I couldn't find Martha Dollar - and going by the name on the marriage cert - was hoping she had another name.  Oh Well.  Will just have to accept that her name was Martha Dollar and hope one day that I'll find her somewhere, some place.   :-\ :-\
Thanks again for all your help.  I very much appreciate it.
Regards
Jan
Rossiter, Waldron (Kildare), Kelly, Cox, Dollar (Co Armagh), Bridges, Bennett, Hodgson (Bedfordshire), Roberts (Liverpool), Peirce, Tutton (Somerset), Goodwin, Tomlinson (Lancashire), Lovell ( Midlothian)
Rossiter, Kelly, Bridges, Roberts, Goodwin (Australia)