Author Topic: 1861 Census Lookup, Please  (Read 641 times)

Offline Sgt_Tollers

• RootsChat Senior
  • Happy Irene Scarlett 1897 - 1956
    • View Profile
1861 Census Lookup, Please
« on: Thursday 20 January 05 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can try and find some of my relatives on the 1861 census. In 1851, they were living in Kempstone, but I'm not sure if they moved or not.

My g g great grandfather, Benjamin Moy, was born between 1836 and 1839, depending on which census you look at. His father was called George and his mother was either called Emily or Amelia.

If anyone could try and look this up for me, I would be most grateful.

Best wishes,
Sgt Tollers
Tollerfield (All),Moy (Norfolk and Hull), Oxborrow,Ratcliffe,Scarlett,Simpson (Suffolk),Davies,Lewis (Carmarthen),Hennessy (Bermondsey and Ireland), Hand Smyth (London and Ireland),Fenton,Warrener (Yorkshire) :).

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census Lookup, Please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 January 05 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, no Moys in Kempston in 1861.

You do realise that Kempston is just a few cottages, a farm really, nothing much else.  It is likely that the family would move to either Litcham, Dunham or Beeston as they are within walking distance and more likely to have work.

I have not had time to look at these villages and cant promise to look as they aren't indexed.  If I get an hour spare I will.

I live about four miles from Kempston.

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.