Author Topic: RAF Sgt Mc Garvey George A. of 455 Sqn  (Read 12518 times)

Offline alex260966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
RAF Sgt Mc Garvey George A. of 455 Sqn
« Reply #18 on: Monday 07 November 11 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hallo Paul,
70 th years, a long time. Sorry to hear the sad news about your father.
May he rest in peace with his brother Bertie.
I've received the letter from Kathryn in 2009 but I'm not sure if she received my answer.
Let me know when you come to Heverlee. Perhaps we can see each other. I've been to the cemetery many times since our last mails.

Alexander

HIS NAME I OFT RECALL.
 THERE IS NOTHING LEFT
        TO ANSWER
BUT HIS PICTURE ON THE WALL

Offline carbonbianchi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RAF Sgt Mc Garvey George A. of 455 Sqn
« Reply #19 on: Monday 07 January 13 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Alexander,

Thanks for the update - these viruses seem to be getting worse.

Just started work again today after the Xmas break so only got to read your email today.

I have been an Architect for 30 years, but the Construction Industry over here is at a standstill, due to the recession, and no improvement in sight - how are things in Belgium?

I live in Derry / Londonderry on the North coast of Northern Ireland - our City is "UK City of Culture" for 2013 so there are lots of cultural events planned for the year.

I am also in Round Table and might be attending the Euro Convention in Maldegem from 17th - 20th May 2013 ( flying in via Brussels ) - I last attended this in 2005 and subsequently was disappointed to learn how close I was to Heverlee Cemetry. This trip may or may not materialise, but if I did go I would of course make the trip to Heverlee this time, to be the first member of the McGarvey family ever to visit uncle Bertie's grave - there may also be the opportunity to meet you?  I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Paul McGarvey RIBA

(*) Moderator Comment: personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline DeeBoneham

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 January 13 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Alex
Reference the outstanding NOK that you are looking for it might be worth contacting the local newspapers and getting them interested in putting an article in the paper.  Have done that before and people who have known the person/family have come forward with information.  Bomber Command is to the fore since the Memorial in London was unveiled by the Queen on June 28th last year so they can use that as a hook.  Are you trying to get the families together for a memorial unveiling? That would also be a great way to get the newspapers interested.
Regards
Dee
75 (nz) Sqn
Boneham
Taylor

Offline Aussie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 08 May 23 06:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,