Author Topic: Sarah Fairy c 1845 Ellington  (Read 10142 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Fairy c 1845 Ellington
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hm, perhaps I should re-word that and say that a William Peach married a Sarah Wright in 1855!  I'm not sure at all.  This is my first encounter with the Peaches.

Sorry  :'(

Gillg

p.s. Can't see the Fairey/Peach marriage you mention in Oundle, even with the corrected reference.  What am I doing wrong?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 15:14 BST (UK) »
I can see a birth registered in Oundle (which includes Woodnewton) Dec Q 1839 15/302 for William Peach, though.  Looks like our man. ;)

Gillg

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 15:15 BST (UK) »
p.s. Can't see the Fairey/Peach marriage you mention in Oundle, even with the corrected reference.  What am I doing wrong?

I don't know  ???
Can you see a marriage for William Peach in Dec quarter 1864 Oundle?
Can you see a Sarah Fairey in Dec quarter 1864 in Oundle?

They just don't appear on the same page in FreeBMD because Sarah's page number is completely mistranscribed  

I'm struggling with William in 1841 and 1851! (Although indeed the Dec 1839 birth looks good) He's a servant at Southwick in 1861 ... not much help  :(
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 15:31 BST (UK) »
William is all I can get on FreeBMD.  Just won't bring Sarah up with any variations. 

William and Sarah moved around quite a lot after their marriage, so maybe in his earlier years he did the same.  Thanks for all the effort you are putting into this topic. :D

Gillg 

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 15:42 BST (UK) »
Well, is this working?  :D
http://www.rootschat.com/links/03k6/
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 June 08 15:46 BST (UK) »
Sure is  8)

Offline Dale

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 04 June 08 04:10 BST (UK) »
Kia Ora
ME! I stumbled on Sarah Peach by searching for Sarah born 1845 Huntingdonshire   and she was the only one born Ellington.

With no other resources I just searched for a marriage between Sarah & William Peach. There is a marriage on the LDS for William Peach to  Martha Mackness on  19 March 1872 Alconbury Weston.  A member's submission so could be suspect! But I was misled!  Sorry about that!

Gill, put Sarah FAIREY Marriage 1864 into Free BMD - you will see her name  with OUNDLE in  Italics. 
The Italics immediately tells you something is wrong!

Click on the spectacles at the right hand side of the entry and read the original entry.  The number is certainly not 3b/196.
William Peach' s entry is not easy to read either! Could be 466 or 486! Whatever- they will not match up until the numbers are identical. So be wary if you order the Cert to point out the difficulties!

I'd suggest you post a correction to Free BMD as this is the only way they will pick up errors!

I'd add a POSTEM as well! If we all added our respective branches it would make  the searching  a lot easier!

Looks like the Rootschatters have come up trumps again! Good on you Tati!

Gill I didn't mention Sarah Wright until now.....! ::) I was wondering how we would sort that one out!
Cheers
Marlene

HUNTS: Fairy, Ding, Scotney, Swinton, Burgess, Brace
BEDS: Farey, Fairy,  Young, Rootham, Gell, Wildman, Cooper. Deighton, Flavel.
NORTHANTS: Hills, Mobbs, Twelftrees,
DERBY: Fairey,
LONDON: Fairey, Fairy, Burgess, Williams, Tanser, Picknell, Vinall, Plampin, Mullins, Day, Folwell, Bamfield, Brown
WATFORD HERTS; Burgess, Williams
WARKS: Fairy, Ward, Stephens, Reeves, Hodgkiss, Byrne, Hunt, Edgeworth, Harper, Dudley,
WORCS: Callow, Lowe

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 04 June 08 11:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Marlene

Another little Fair(e)y mystery solved! ;D

I've added a Postem to the FreeBMD correction, so hope it gets published.  With the marriage being in Northants, I had at first thought that this Sarah might have been one of the Hardingstone Faireys, but obviously not.

Many thanks for helping with this query, Tati and Marlene. 8) 

Gill

Offline TessieWessie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 July 08 22:43 BST (UK) »
One comment here regarding Sarah Faire(e)y is that she had many sisters.

Does anyone know if one of the sisters was a Jane Fair(e)y who married a Lewis Levin (Levine,Leaven) c 1965 in Biggleswade.  On the 1891 census they are living in Kensington.