Author Topic: Dudley rd Institution Hospital KINGSWINFORD Staffs  (Read 30759 times)

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dudley rd Institution Hospital KINGSWINFORD Staffs
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 16 November 08 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paulene,
it was Sandwell archives i asked about the hospital and they didn't have any info on the place in 1901 this was the address
i think it says isolation hospital Dudley road and before that California Oakham

Donna
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 16 November 08 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil,
Found it - would you like me to send you a copy by email? You can send me your details by PM - if you want, that is.
Paulene :)

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 16 November 08 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donna :)
Thank you - Oakham is in the Tividale area, isn't it?
I was hoping someone with proper local knowledge would come along ;D

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 16 November 08 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paulene,
yes Oakham is tividale but i always though it was at the top end i have drove around the area but i don't really know the place

Donna
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 16 November 08 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donna,
It came up on a marriage certificate I received - I thought at the time that it was the wrong person - why was this guy who had lived at Dudley Port in 1841 living in Rutland :-\ :-[ ;D (Bet you're laughing your head off!)
Anyway, later on I realised it was the right certificate, and found out where it was! Not far from where he was in 1841!
Silly me! :-[

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 16 November 08 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paulene

this area is very confusing Dudley Port in Staffordshire, Dudley Worcestershire, Oldbury Shropshire and then Worcestershire and all in a stones throw of each other now all West Midlands

Donna

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 16 November 08 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donna,
I know - but Rutland! :-[ Must be cos it's my neck of the woods.
I must confess that it's Oldbury that confuses me the most - never know where to look for baptisms as most of the churches seem to be fairly newish - if you know what I mean.
Still, I'll get told off for digressing soon :-\
Take care,

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Monday 17 November 08 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paulene

Oldbury Christ Church stared in about 1715 i think before then i think it was Halesowen but some parts are next to Smethwick my husband family came from Oldbury and i can't find any of them

Donna

Offline willow154

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum - Such love
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Monday 17 November 08 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donna,
Yes, I remember now - you're quite right. There is an old one - but still a confusing area, as you said.
Hope you do manage to find them!
All part of the fun - did I say fun!
Bye for now,