Author Topic: Attaching prior posts  (Read 899 times)

Offline jk22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hello. Am willing to share tree where appropriate!
    • View Profile
Attaching prior posts
« on: Saturday 07 June 08 06:42 BST (UK) »
hello.

How do i attach a post from another sector of RootsChat to the current post underway in order to provide continuity?

thanks
Julie
BOYD: Scotland
FERGUSON: Scotland
KEMP:  Wiltshire, Berkshire, Middlesex, Essex, England
GREEN & DEEVES:  Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, England
MCPHERSON:  Sutherland-Highlands, Edinburgh, Scotland
MILES & MOWAT:  England, South Africa; Australia
GREATREX: England; South Australia
PERKINS:  Cornwall; South Australia
WATKINS: Wales

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Attaching prior posts
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 June 08 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie

The only way I've ever managed to do it is to copy and paste the link from the thread you want to attach that appears in the web address box at the top of each page and paste in the new thread.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Attaching prior posts
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 June 08 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie

Bravo - it is much easier for all concerned if you link threads on the same topic.  I wish everyone was as considerate!

As Kerry says, you should cut and paste the link from your old thread to the new one (and vice versa).  Please ask if you don't know how to do this - you will probably have to use the CONTROL+C/ CONTROL+V method, as cutting and pasting is disabled on the Look-Up boards.

Alternatively, contact a Moderator and we can either merge the topics or post links for you.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)