Author Topic: Seaton's in Blair Atholl Perthshire 1800 and beyond  (Read 36078 times)

Offline Ann Witzig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Seaton's in Blair Atholl Perthshire 1800 and beyond
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 24 February 19 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Fiona,
I am possibly related to your Comrie Seatons. My relatives may be Donald Seaton and Isabel Robertson from Comrie. Donald and Isabel had Jannet in 1699, John, 1701, and Christian in 1704. Isobel dies, and Donald remarries, to Elizabeth Clasar. They have James, in 1708. I believe that John (b. 1701) is my relative who later moved to Blair Atholl, and may have married Isabel McNab, and had Duncan, my 4th great grandfather, in 1727, in Moulin.
Duncan Seatton married Margaret Robertson, and they had Duncan (b. 1760) and Elspeth (she marries David Stewart in Levadge).
Do you have any more information on the Seatons in Comrie?
Thank you.
Ann Seaton

Offline Throth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 10:57 GMT (UK) »
As Jean says we have a little data on your ancestors already, but they appear to be incomers to the Blair Atholl area. If you go to the Index on the Borenich web-site and choose 'F', this will take you to 'Families' that we are researching - there are a lot. Yours are in Seaton Families 3, but here is a hyper-link:

www.borenich.co.uk/Ross_Document/Seaton_Paterson.html

To minimise clutter we have started a new topic: 'Seaton families in Blair Atholl and Moulin' where we will provide updates on the various Seaton families that we are researching. We have added the Pitdornie Seatons including Cecilia Seaton. 

Throth (www.borenich.co.uk)

Offline Throth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 19:44 BST (UK) »
Cecilia Seaton

There has been some scepticism that Cecilia could have been the daughter of George Seaton in Pitdornie, as the only baptisms are in Edinburgh, and Cecilia is not included.

However, another daughter has come to light, named Janet, through a marriage in the Dull OPR which is more fully detailed in the corresponding entry in the Logierait OPR.

Dull OPR, 16th August 1795
John Steuart in the parish of Logierait and Janet Setton in this parish, married.

Logierait OPR, 28th August 1795
Were married - John Stewart in Balendune of Clochfoldich and Janet Seaton, daughter to George Seaton in Pitdornie, in the parish of Dull.

This appears to be an older sister, married the year before Cecilia.

We will update the Seatons of Pitdornie web-page in the near future.

Throth (www.borenich.co.uk)

Offline Brosnooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 21 August 20 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hello

I, too, am actively researching my Seaton family and finding that Borenich is an excellent site.

I’m particularly interested in the Seatons who founded Seaton, Illinois. Sources say it was James Seaton (my four x great-uncle) or his son Daniel Seaton. Can anyone shed any light? I would be most grateful. Susan