Author Topic: Mary Cole marriage reg  (Read 4528 times)

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Cole marriage reg
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 July 08 04:17 BST (UK) »
Hi JJ,

Thx for LDS info. Do you know if the actual document image would be available from LDS? I am wanting to verify the name of Mary's parents on the marriage certificate or registion.

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 September 08 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi folks,

I appreciate very much everyone's help with this.

This part of the family is still a bit confusing for me since it appears so far that Mary and her sister Lucy Jane both married a John Wilson. Lucy Jane Cole married John English Wilson and if the info I have so far is right, Mary Cole married John Byron Wilson. However, I still don't have verification that Mary (married to J B Wilson) parents are William and Charity. My Mary's older brother's name is William and he was born abt 8-10 years before Mary was born.

As for Jacob, Margaret and Lewis, I haven't found any links to my Cole line. There were several Cole families that moved from Devonshire England and settled in the Norfolk and surrounding counties in Ontario during the first half of the 1800s. But, I am keeping an eye on these folks as I keep researching :-)

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 September 08 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hmmm...even if you do find the marriage, wonder if parents are listed...these marriages from Talbot district have only witnesses listed...  ? ( but is this just an index they got these from...probably not if witnesses are listed?)
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~maryc/TalbotDistrict.htm
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 September 08 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hello JDC,

William, Charity, and Mary (of about the correct age) Cole, plus other children, can be found together on the 1852 Census for Canada West (Ontario) in Norfolk County at automatedgenealogy.com. Census is free to view (don't remember how to make a direct link :-\).

Hope this is your family.

Regards,
Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 September 08 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi, Polarbear...If you hit split screen, it shortens the url so has 2 advantages, as image is also opened up
Then just cut & paste the resulting url...
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census52/SplitView.jsp?id=14832

I think we may have found them before they were transcribed, but not sure as it's another thread altogehter...guess I should link them...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 September 08 20:18 BST (UK) »
also, have you contacted this person to see if they have more information...They have linked the same families...
and found a marriage bann, so perhaps it was in there!!!
http://www.gencircles.com/users/johnwwilson/5/data/723

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 September 08 22:44 BST (UK) »
J.J., thanks for the help with that census :). I'm really challenged when OH isn't around to help.

Regards,
Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Helena98

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 September 08 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hi JDC - i've found the following on ancestry. Do you suppose this Lucy Jane might be Mary? The parents names seem to fit. I noticed that Lucy Jane gives her birth place as Canada. A bit odd if this is actually the Mary you are looking for?

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

McCluskey - Derry Co, Ireland
Mulherin - Derry Co, Ireland
Watson - Barrowden, Rutland County, England
Long - Ireland
Curless/Corless/Curliss/Corliss - Tyrone Co, Ireland

Offline Helena98

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 September 08 23:24 BST (UK) »
JDC - might find this a bit interesting.

Death registration for a Lucy Jane Wilson [widow] died July 8, 1932 Norfolk, birth March 23, 1844. Birthplace shows as Ontario. Parents William Cole & Charity Hale. Parents from England. Informant: Mrs Munn, daughter.

Helena
McCluskey - Derry Co, Ireland
Mulherin - Derry Co, Ireland
Watson - Barrowden, Rutland County, England
Long - Ireland
Curless/Corless/Curliss/Corliss - Tyrone Co, Ireland