Author Topic: MACDOUGALL and GAFF in Falkirk  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Alexandrina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MACDOUGALL and GAFF in Falkirk
« on: Monday 16 June 08 17:00 BST (UK) »
I have Margaret Gaff from Falkirk in Polmont Stirling Scotland in my family tree; Margaret was my Great Great Grandmother, I even have a photo of her. Margaret married Lachlan MacDougall in 1833 and he was the Manager of Gas North in Scotland.

Their daughter Mary Grant MacDougall married my great Grandfather Alexander Macinnes. Together they had 17 daughters. Their 16th daughter was Alexandrina MAcinnes, she married my Grandfather John William Murray in 1912 circa. They lived at Falkirk and Glasgow and my father William Murray went to school in Falkirk.

Hope to hear from anyone with Gaff or MacDougall in Falkirk Polmont.

Cheers from Sydney in AUS
Sandie
MURRAY NOBLE MOFFAT MACDOUGALL  LEES MCINNES  RINTOUL KENNEDY ANDERSON HALL KELSO REID BOWES STEWART LINTON GAFF LOWRIE  ELLIOTT  GRANT TURNBULL BURNETT STENHOUSE MONTGOMERY SWORD CARROLL DALGLEISH  Mostly of the Scottish Borders Selkirk & Melrose Temple Balantrodoch & Skye

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MACDOUGALL AND GAFF IN FALKIRK
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 October 08 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandie,

Just located a distant relation who married Mary McInnes, Alexandrina's sister, namely, Donald McCallum m. 19 Jun 1914, at Falkirk. These descendants have relatives alive in Aberfeldy, and have roots back to Menzies of Innerwick, on the Culdares Estate, Glen Lyon.  I would like to contact their descendants and those of Donald's brother James McCallum, b. 1882 Stirling. Please contact me.

Keith
Ballarat
Aus
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End