Author Topic: William & Diana Roser nee Wilson  (Read 2259 times)

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
William & Diana Roser nee Wilson
« on: Tuesday 17 June 08 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Can anyone out there shed any light on this couple, They came to Aust on the Simon Taylor 1842 with four daughters.  I know that they appear on the 1841 Census in East Grinstead and that at the time they had a son called John.  Unfortunately I cannot find any record of what happened to John or who who William and Diana's Parents were.  Does anyone know of this family?
Kind Regards
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William & Diana Roser nee Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 June 08 18:22 BST (UK) »
read 16 times so there a bit of interest in it.just so you know where i have got with it i have found a charles roser in kent that looks a likely sort of chap for williams dad.i have written to a friend there to see if they would check the parish register to see if he had a son called william.still waiting for a reply.it will be interesting to see if anything else comes up?i also have two threads on here about the rosers.you will find one under circus lookups and i will have to go check where the other one is.casguildi has helped me with them.i hope she reads this and posts the links again as i cant always find what i started or joined in on unless i get an email.i am looking for my friends matildas scavenger hunt at the moment and i cant find it.anyone help me there?tanya i dont know if you knew but i am related to wilsons through a patience gess who married one of them!!speak soon.love cathay
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline Romany Roser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 June 08 02:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Cathay- For those who are interested, I found a Jacques Rosaire coming in to England from France with the Huguenot's and I wonder if this is my forebear or a member of my family. I don't know when he came or how but I would like to hear from someone about him. Thanks- ROSER

Offline Romany Roser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 June 08 04:21 BST (UK) »
Cathay- can you send me the information about Patience Guess please- Roser

Offline raelenemarjorie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 March 22 12:16 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of William & Dianah Roser
I am also a Psychic Medium, yes I inherited the Gypsy blood line and am very proud of it, I have had Elizabeth coming to me over the last 1.5 years, I have the true story as to what happened to her, and also she is here a lot in the last few weeks, with a message, her bones will be found in the next 3 months, no one will know who she is.
They are not going to find all her bones, but she is holding up the bones and showing me, she wants her story told, please if anyone has the authors phone number, can you please contact me. Elizabeth is very excited about this, please help.

Moderator Comment: We've removed your phone number as it would otherwise be viewable on the internet. Once you've made a coiuple of posts on here, you will be able to send a Personal Message.

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 March 22 14:40 BST (UK) »
From the marriage certificate of Elizabeth ROSER and James OSBORNE at Perth in 1853.

Usual Occupation: Housemaid, immigrant per Simon Taylor
Residence at time of marriage: Perth
Marital status: Spinster
Father's name: William ROSER
Father's occupation: Farmer

They had two children in Adelaide in 1856 and 1860.

This may be her at the West Terrace cemetery.

OSBORNE, Elizabeth
Date of service: 16/08/1894
Plan 3, Row 24, Site Number 114

Elizabeth OSBORNE
Death Age:    58
Death Date:    15 Aug 1894
Death Place:    Adelaide, South Australia
Registration Place:    Adelaide, Australia
Relative:    James OSBORNE
Page Number:    20
Volume Number: 221

Debra  :)

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 30 March 22 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,the orginal lady descended from the Roser's was quite a old lady in 2008 and I am not sure she is still alive?She lived in or near Perth.She had extensive history on the family but I think it is on another link?Hope that helps?As far as i remember the Elizabeth who was williams daughter was completely missing and no one could find her.We thought she may have wandered and been caught and ate by wild animals.This is 14 years ago and I myself am a old lady so cannot remember for sure if I am correct.

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 30 March 22 19:47 BST (UK) »
In search of Elizabeth was written by Jan Young a direct descendant of William roser.I think she may have passed by now but here are the link I had to the book
The book In search of Elizabeth : the history of William and Dianah Roser is available at the National Library.

http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/415661

ADD
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nbradley/Martin-o/p153.htm and
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nbradley/McMillan-o/p72.htm
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nbradley/Adams-o/p64.htm
(Many citations from that book you seek)

http://ro.ecu.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=7841&context=ecuworks

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 31 March 22 01:24 BST (UK) »
Clearly Elizabeth didn't get eaten by anything because she grew up and married.  I would speculate that the story was made up by someone who was annoyed that she married a convict.  James received his conditional pardon in August 1854 and it appears they left WA soon after.

Debra  :)