Author Topic: Diggle family in Jersey  (Read 2670 times)

Offline pryce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Diggle family in Jersey
« on: Wednesday 18 June 08 18:46 BST (UK) »
I wonder if any one is connected to Samuel Diggle born 1888 in manchester wife Florence maud Hannaford he was in the army their children Florence maud Diggle her twin Samuel and Walter .  I was wondering if they had any more children  any information would be great  . THANKS VICKI
Montgomershire  ,Astley, Evans, Jones, Hughes,Pryce

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diggle family in Jersey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 June 08 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Vicki

I've searched the births in St Helier from 1907 to 1937 and found the following Diggles:

Dorothy Lilian, St Helier births, volume 59, 1st Oct 1921 - 10th Dec 1923, page 9.

Robert Henry, St Helier births, volume 61, 29th Jan 1926 - 19th Apr 1928, page 47.

Roy Maurice Samuel, St Helier births, 20th Apr 1928 - 14th Nov 1930, volume 62, page 19.

As I had to pass the Registry Office I called in and had a look at the certificates.

DLD was born 6th Dec 1921 at 14, Hue Street. Parents were SD and FMH.

RHD was born 29th Jan 1927 at the General Hospital. Pareets were again SD and FMH.

On both of the above SD's occupation was given as "Charretiur".

However.... RMSD's birth took place on 12th Oct 1928 at 27 Seaton Place. His father was given as Samuel Diggle, a chauffeur, but his mother was Ann Frances Marie Turmel.

Stewart

Offline pryce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 June 08 16:38 BST (UK) »
HI Stewart thank you so much for finding the info, i am wondering now if florence maud diggle nee Hannaford died and Samuel married again . If its not to much trouble i wonder if you could look for a marrige for me between Samuel diggle and Ann Frances  Marie Turmel i would be interested to kknow who their fathers are  , ihave found Samuel on the army listshe says he was born in broughton  Manchester he was stationed in jersey in 1910 so i guess thats where he met florence .
 Be very grateful for any help on these Diggles thanksVicki

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Vicki

Yes you are right. There is a death for Florence Maud Diggle, St Helier, July 1926 - Dec 1928, volume 54, page 21. On the same page is a death for Robert Henry.

There is then a marriage for Samual Diggle in St Helier, Dec 1925 - Dec 1932 on page 30. AMFT is on the same page.

Stewart

Offline pryce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewart thank you so much for the info on Samuel  Diggle ,really appreciate your help , Vicki