Author Topic: Weasenham St Peter Norfolk  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Weasenham St Peter Norfolk
« on: Sunday 22 June 08 03:45 BST (UK) »
Hi
Does anyone have access to Weasenham St. Peter early church records.
I found a Samuel Horn married to an Elizabeth? Issue Elizabeth 1745  Mary 1749  Mary 1752  Hannah 1754 and John 1756.
As some records do not put the entire family in I am hoping there is a SAMUEL HORN[E] born about 1760 and maybe some other children.
I am trying to hopefully match this Samuel 1760  with another who ended up in Tharston with a Unice Payne as his wife.

Really appreciate any help possible.

Colin

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Weasenham St Peter Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 June 08 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

As the village historian, I have nothing more on this family, they did not baptise any more children in St Peters or All Saints.

Have you looked for wills?  If your ancestor turned up at Tharston, you could try that area first.

If I can be of further assistance, please send me a pm.

Teddy
 ;)

Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 June 08 02:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Teddy
Thank you so much for your trouble.
Yes I have seen the church records for Tharston on my Samuel Horn[e] and although there are other Horn[e]s there once again no info on him or his marriage to eunice Payne[Paine] in about 1783,
he could possible fit into one of these families but the Samuel Horn in Weasenham seem to be a good match as all of his children match children of my Samuel Horn[e] and as there was a space for him to fit into as well i was hoping to be on the right track.

Looks like back to the drawing board.
By chance were there any other Horn families living at Weasenham in the same period?
I did come across an Edward Horn of Weasenham apparently something to do with 5 and half acres of land at Lenn Field of Gaywode dated 14/5/1488 but he is the only one I have come a

I do have access to Weasenham All Saints and yes there are no Horn's there.

Colin

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 June 08 10:54 BST (UK) »
No, sorry, there are no others.

It could be worth you checking wills for all spellings of Horn/Horne/Hurn/Herne/Hearn etc etc as I have the family indexed under Hurn/Hunn and Hinn too, in my index as the writing was so bad in places.

Also, bearing in mind the Norfolk accent, (which I am blessed with!) Horn could also be under Orn/Orne etc!

Teddy
 ;)
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 June 08 02:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Teddy
Once again I thank you for your info and yes there are spellings of the name Horne which i had not thought of.
Have looked through the wills but no luck.
IF Samuel and his wife moved from Weasenham than maybe they had more children and my Samuel could be a result of that marriage but proving it is another matter.
Will try to pick up on the marriages of the children and see where that leads me.
Thank you again for your assistance really appreciate it.

Colin