Author Topic: Cemetery Records  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Osca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cemetery Records
« on: Sunday 22 June 08 04:42 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me who has the records for the Military Cemetery in Assumption Road in Cork City naer the Collins Barracks

Offline Midletonman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetery Records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 August 09 18:16 BST (UK) »
This may help you if you can get a copy through the library - it is out of print unfortunately:

D. Harvey & G. White, The Barracks: a history of Victoria/Collins Barracks, Cork, 1997
O'Connor (Connors), Coakley, Willmott in Cork, Reeves in Killarney

Offline seanhealy9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 June 10 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hello,
This reply is a good bit out of date but in relation to the records for the cemetery at Assumption hill, I have just finished a survey of the remaining headstones at the cemetery and there are just 250 names remaining from approx 900 burials.
While doing my research I could find no other records relating to the cemetery. It was closed many many years ago but was taken over a few years ago by the city council, by pure coincidence it was reopened today by our Lord Mayor as a park for the people of that area. If you would like any further information, please contact me.
Regards,
Sean

Offline Osca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 December 23 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sean Thank you for the reply.Im sorry to have taken so long to reply but I lost my book with all the Geneaology sites Id Joined and log in details.I have just rejoind so Hopefully you will see this.The name Im looking for is James Aekins who died in Cork on 21/8/1884

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 December 23 07:32 GMT (UK) »

Here's the record of James Aekins death - 31 August 1884
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1884/06311/4809496.pdf

seanhealy9 hasn't been online here since May 2012.

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo