Author Topic: Help with Tralee Kennedy's  (Read 3218 times)

Offline SSK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Tralee Kennedy's
« on: Sunday 22 June 08 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi I am visiting Tralee in August with my Father.  His father was from Tralee, and I am trying to find a way to visit the home he was brought up in (if it still exists). Can anyone advise me where to look.  My grandfather was born in 1913, so would not be on the 1901 census, but an older brother Thomas Bernard Kennedy was born in 1900, and a sister Mollie (Mary Kate) in 1901.  His parents were Michael Thomas Kennedy born 1866 and Mary Anne Kennedy born 1878.  Just in case there is anyone with a census coy reading.

Thanks in advance

Sarah   :)

Offline GBM

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Tralee Kennedy's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 January 09 01:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah,

This may be way too late - I see you made your posting almost two years ago, but Thomas Bernard Kennedy, born 1900, is my grandfather. Are we secord cousins. I know wherethe old family home is - its Greenview Terace, Tralee. Tom Kennedy (Thomas Bernard) had nine children, 7 boys and 2 girls. One of the daughters, Marion, is my mother.

Did you say that your dad was Thomas Bermard's brother? Which one? I've heard of all of them (there were 11 siblings in all I think! ). Where do you live?

My email address is (*) if you'd like to discuss any of this this further, or to meet.

Thomas Bernard still has two sons in Tralee, and a daughter (my mother) living 10 miles away. The sons in Tralee are Dan, who has six (now adult) children, and John, who has two (a son Jim and a daughter Elizabeth). There are about 10 grand-children and 30 great-grand-children in a 2 mile radius from ralee.

My mum Marion (TB's eldest daughter) lives in Castleisland, 10 miles from Tralee, and there are eight of us, 4 and 4. I live in Galway now, and I have four children.

Please let me knw where you asre - I'd love to make contact....
Gabrielle Brosnan (nee Kennelly - my mum was Kennedy who marriad Kennelly).

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline SSK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Tralee Kennedy's
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 February 09 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gabrielle

My grandfather was Michael Joseph Kennedy, he moved to Coventry and  my father is his son David Michael Kennedy.  We went to visit the house in greenview Terrace when we were over, but we not sure which one exactly it was.  I think I met Marion at his funeral when she came over with Father Ted.