Author Topic: birth of Bridget Ward 1914 Ballymoney  (Read 5171 times)

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
birth of Bridget Ward 1914 Ballymoney
« on: Tuesday 24 June 08 14:56 BST (UK) »
looking for details of a Bridget Bernadette Ward born 1914 Ballymoney Roman Catholic can anyone help
bullock,temke,turner,haddlington,richards,rollinson,batey,cameron

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: birth of Bridget Ward 1914 Ballymoney
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 16:00 BST (UK) »
Ballymoney is in Country Antrim not Co. Londonderry.
Are you sure about Ballymoney though? There is a 1914 birth in Co. Derry for Bridget B. Ward.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 16:19 BST (UK) »
as far as we know it was only what she told her son we have her correct birthdate and she said that was where she was born i dont know Ireland but she said she came from balleymoney near londonderry ,how would i go about getting the birth certificate i could always ask them to check that it is the correct birthdate

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 20:10 BST (UK) »
As I said before, Ballymoney is in County Antrim. However, it is not far from Co. Londonderry border. Could it be that she was born outside Ballymoney but in Co. Londonderry? Some parts of Co. Londonderry (Agivey and Aghadowey parishes certainly) actually had Ballymoney as part of the postal address around the turn of the century. The Co. Derry birth might be a co-incidence but shouldn't be ignored just yet.

Do you have an exact date of birth and names of parents or any other details which might narrow down the place?

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 21:33 BST (UK) »
the only other info i have is her birthdate was the 8th of april 1914,i have contacted her grandaughter see if there is anything else that may help

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 22:54 BST (UK) »
found some more info today ,bridgets son who gave us the info thought that his mum (Bridget )was married in England but after i checked the marriage register and couldn't find them he checked with his sister and she said that
BRIDGET B WARD married ALBERT SPENCER  in Ireland she was already pregnant with her first child Mary Theresa Richards who was born 2/9/1932 (according to her death certificate) they went on to have two more children in ireland an Ezekiel Richards 17/2/1935 and a Bridie Richards 1936 havent got full details of her birth as she died in 1937 they then must of come over to england before 1940 as there next child was born in Leicester 27/12/1940.

bridget had a sister called annie dont know date of birth and seems to think there was a farm in the family she remembers the names Balleymoney or ballymena but also she talked about living in Derry does this help any
cath

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 23:14 BST (UK) »
Think that the 1914 birth I found for Bridget B. Ward could be the one you are looking for.
Also found her marriage: Bridget Ward m.1933 Co.Derry to Albert RICHARDS (not Spence). The index I checked doesn't have birth records recent enough to look for the children you mentioned.

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 23:20 BST (UK) »
thanks for that sorry about the spencer getting confused there son married a Spencer it was Albert richards i was looking for  ::)
looks like it is them how do we go about ordering the certificates could you point me in the right direction please my friend is going to be really chuffed she's been looking for years thanks again really appreciated

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 25 June 08 23:29 BST (UK) »
Marriage certificate will list: name of bride and groom, date and place of marriage, officiant, residence of bride and groom at time of marriage, their occupations, whether or not of full age, marital status (single, divorced, wid.), fathers' names and occupations (unless illegitimate), names of 2 witnesses.

Found this link but not sure if there's a better way- if there is someone here is bound to know:
http://www.groni.gov.uk

Birth certificate will list date and place of birth, name of mother, name of father (unless illegitimate), father's occupation, date of registration, name of informant.
Birth certificate (it's the long form you want) could be ordered from gro, Roscommon but think there's a cheaper option.