Author Topic: MI's for Kirkmaiden, Stoneykirk and Kirkmadrine  (Read 92152 times)

Offline beannie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MI's for Kirkmaiden, Stoneykirk and Kirkmadrine
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 12 February 09 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matriarch,
There are 2 McClinton's
(top broken off-possibly a cross) In loving memory of James McCLINTON, late of South African Constabulary, who died at Cottage hospital, Castle Douglas, 21st Oct 1912 aged 37 years.

Erected by John McCLINTON in memory of his wife Janet HASTIE who died at Ringuinea 5th April 1912 aged 61 years. His daughter Janet died at Ringuinea 8th April 1892 aged 11 years. His daughter Sarah died at Winnipeg Canada 15th Jan 1914 aged 24 years. His daughter Janet who died at Uroigh, Castle Douglas 26th May 1920 aged 24 years. Also the above John McCLINTON who died at Barr, Sanguhar 2nd Aug 1928 aged 75 years.

These are the 4 Jolly's

Erected in memory of John JOLLY farmer Cairngarroch who died 28th Sept 1887 aged 75 years. Also Elizabeth McWHIRTER his wife who died 18th March 1893 aged 79 years. Also their grandson Hugh SMELLIE JOLLY who died 24th Jany 1899 aged 4 months

Erected by the family in loving memory of their father Alexander SPENCE Farmer Awhirk, Ardwell, who died 29th June 1888 aged 44 years. Also their mother Isabella JOLLY, who died 11th March 1890 aged 44 years. Also their brother Alexander SPENCE, who died 31st October 1877 aged 7 months

Erected by John HENDERSON in memory of Janet McCLINTON his beloved daughter who died 6th Feby 1886 aged 4 years and 11 months. Also the above John HENDERSON who died at Boreland 24th May 1915 aged 65 years. Also his wife Martha HENDERSON who died at Kirkcolm 24th Sep 1930 aged 82 years. Also their son Joseph who died at Glasgow 1 april 1947 aged 75 years. Also their son John who died at Sandhead 8th Jan 1951 aged 74 years. Also Martha JOLLY his mother-in-law who died 12th Octr 1883 aged 78 years.

Erected by Jessie JOLLY in memory of her husband Alexander SHAW Farmer who died at Low Ardwell on 4th Dec 1917 aged 65 years. Also the above Jessie JOLLY who died at Stranraer on 1st oct 1933 aged 77 years.

I hope this are yours.
Kind Regards
Beannie
Milwain, McTaldroch, McCulloch, McMillan, McCracken, Muir/Moore, Hill, Little,
McGaw, Kirkmaiden/Stoneykirk
Carmont Isle of Man/Liverpool/ Manchester
Hines, Mulvey Ireland/Manchester

Offline Matriach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 13 February 09 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Beannie

Wonderful!
Yes, some definitely and I'll look into the others to see where or if they fit in. 

Thanks very much. regards, Helen
McClinton, McClintock - Ireland, Wigtownshire, Ayrshire
McCaskie - Ireland, Wigtownshire
McGill - Ayrshire
McDonald, McArthur, McKenzie - Nairnshire
Dridge/Jones - Hants/Sussex borders
Gostelow - everywhere
Lawrence/O'Brien/Moody - POrtsmouth

Offline beannie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 15 February 09 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen,
So glad some of them were yours.
Kind Regards
Beannie

Offline gem18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 06 September 09 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi  Beanie,

I just found this page and this post regarding peter mccubbin and janet mckie they are relatives of my step-father and i have been doing a family tree for him and i have seen some really helpful information so iwas was wondering whether you could send the transcript to me too please, i would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks
Gemma  ;)
McCubbin - Wigtownshire, Marshall - Dumfries and Wigtownshire, Johnstone from scotland, and Jones from Dumfries and Hardy from Wallasey and Laing from Sunderland. Griffiths from Conventry, Warwickshire.

Offline beannie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 07 September 09 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Gemma,
Stoneykirk Churchyard,
Sacred to the memory of Janet McKIE beloved wife of Peter McCUBBIN High Glenstockadale Leswalt who passed away 1st March 1934 aged 69 years and the above Peter McCUBBIN who passed away at Calgarry 22 Dec 1941 in his 80th year. Also Peter their second son and beloved husband of Margaret McCUTCHEON who passed away at Garlieston 5 August 1964 in his 76th year. Also their daughter Agnes Jane beloved wife of the late Alex CAMERON who passed away at Newton Stewart 9 May 1978, cremated at Ayr. Also their infant daughter Agnes Jane who passed away Aug 1887 interred in Inch old churchyard.
"Rock of ages cleft to me."
I have more info on the McCubbin side as they are distant relatives of mine, let me know if I can help with anything and I will try my best.
Kind Regards
Jeanne

Offline gem18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 07 September 09 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Thank you for this, there is something you could help me with, i need a Look up on a Jeanie Marshall B: 15/08/1915 M: 27/11/1936 D: July 1995who married a Thomas Peter McCubbin B: 28/08/1911 M:27/11/1936 D:27/11/1990

i wanted to know where their buried if possible

Thanks   
McCubbin - Wigtownshire, Marshall - Dumfries and Wigtownshire, Johnstone from scotland, and Jones from Dumfries and Hardy from Wallasey and Laing from Sunderland. Griffiths from Conventry, Warwickshire.

Offline Rapunzel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 12 October 09 22:22 BST (UK) »
Dear Beanie

If you could manage it I would be grateful for a lookup at Kirkmaiden.

The names are Anthony McGuffoc and Agnes Campbell who had a Sara McGuffoc born 1792, she was illegitimate.  Also a Wm McCulloch who had a daughter Sara.

Many thanks
Rapunzel

Offline beannie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 15 October 09 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Rapunzel,
I'm sorry it's taken me so lonf to reply, I've been trying to do a little research.
I'm sorry there isn't anythinf for Anthony McGuffog or Agnes Campbell in my MI book.
The is a death however in the OPR's for Kirkmaiden for Anthony McGuffog died Barncorkie 11 Sep 1827. Also Agnes Campbell died 20 May 1832. I think Anthony and Agnes must have married as they had other children.
William Christened 3 May 1773
Agnes Christened 7 March 1781
I think married Robert Crawford on 1841 census for Stoneykirk
MI Kirkmaiden
Erected by Agnes McGUFFOG in memory of her husband Robert CRAWFORD who died 8th March 1845 aged 64 years. Also the said Agnes McGUFFOG who died at Low Ardwell 26th June 1856 aged 73 years. Also her daughter Elizabeth who died at Low Ardwell 17th May 1879 aged 49 years.
John Christened 15 Sept 1784
jean 20 May 1787
Elizabeth 9 March 1790
Sarah 21 March 1792
Grizal 3 July 1798

There is a Sarah McGuffog married to John McCulloch on the 1841 census for Kirkmaiden. Sarah is 45 and John 50 with children Helen 14, Elizabeth 10, John 12, Peter 7 and Grace 6.
I have info  including MI for Sarah mcCulloch and John Gibson if you want that.
Hope this helps
Kind Regards
Beannie

Offline Rapunzel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Friday 16 October 09 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Beannie,

Thanks very much for the info which helps a lot. If you have anything else on the John Gibson and Sarah McCulloch marriage and off spring, that would be great - I feel I am getting closer to my roots but need to cross check more before I shout Eureka!!

Many thanks for the good work so far,

Rapunzel