Author Topic: Completed -Marriage Record -Orgill Woodenbox, Derbyshire  (Read 10431 times)

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Record -Orgill Woodenbox, Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 June 08 22:26 BST (UK) »
Dear Debbie,
I'm sorry that it has taken me some time to get back to you.  I have been checking my records to see what information I am sure of.  The only source I have for Edward's death being 1858, was his brother's journal (Joseph  1814).  Joseph emigrated to US in 1872 so I would think he would know when his brother died but.....I am not sure.
I would like to do a little more checking with family members and see if maybe I could find out some more information.  If I do I will let you know.
Thank you so much for your help.
Alane

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 June 08 16:11 BST (UK) »
Dear Debbie,
You will not believe what I found!!!  Edward and Sarah with their three children  William, Hiram and Sarah left England in 1855 from Liverpool and sailed to New York.  I found them on New York Passenger list - 1820-1857.  I then found them in Pennsylvania in the 1860 Census but Edward had died( I'm assuming).  Sarah was married again to a Job Winfield also from England.  I also found the family in the 1870 and 1880 Census still living in Pennsylvania. 
I do think that the marriage you found was the correct one and Sarah's maiden name is Kinsey.  I did find the children on Ancestry.com England and Wales Birth Marriage and Death Index and it was the same District: Ashby de la Zouch ,County: Derbyshire, Leicestershire.
The only problem I have now is that I can't find Sarah in the 1841 British Census before her marriage.  The only clue that I have is in the 1851 Census she states her birth place as Linton.
I want to thank you so much for finding that marriage for me and also all the other time you have spent on this problem.  If you hadn't of told me that you couldn't find Edward's death anywhere,  I would still be looking in England for his death instead of Pennsylvania.
  Do you possibly have any ideas where I could find Sarah?  If I ordered that marriage certificate would it have her parents names on it and give where she was living???

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
Alane

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 June 08 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Alane - you are very welcome,  :)    If you order the marriage certificate it should give you bother parties father's names and occupations but not the mothers,  I would be very interested in where the wedding took place,  I spent a bit of time the other day trying to tease out facts about this family and they are very sparse,  I can't find baptisms for most of Joseph & Sarah's children, (they may have been non-conformists)   I can't find anything for Sarah Kinsey prior to the marriage - though I will say I have done some work in the past on the Kinson family and sometimes the surnames get mixed up.   Incidentely the surname Winfield is also a local name so Sarah second husband may have come from this area too.

:)

DebbieG
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 July 08 16:55 BST (UK) »
Dear Debbie,
Just one more question.  How would I go about ordering the marriage certificate?  Is there an online source?  Also how do I reference the marriage?  Thank you again.
Alane

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 July 08 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Alane

Yep you can order a certificate on-line from here

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

you will need the info I found

Year 1849
qtr Jan-Mar
Vol 15
Page 29

and their names - don't worry about the other details you have to register the first time you use the site and certificates cost 7 GBP

Good Luck

:)

DebbieG

Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Completed - Re: Marriage Record -Orgill Woodenbox, Derbyshire
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 July 08 07:09 BST (UK) »
Debbie,
Thank you so much you have been a great help to me and I really do appreciate it.
Alane

Offline carole orgell-rosen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Completed -Marriage Record -Orgill Woodenbox, Derbyshire
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 February 14 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Does Derbyshire have a birth marriage and death online index 1837 as some of the other counties have?? 

I would like some help with a marriage record in Derbyshire.  Edward Orgill and Sarah ??? married about 1849.  In the 1851 Census they are living in Woodenville census states the following:
Parish-Hartshorn Ecclesiastical District of St Stephens Woodenville

I would appreciate any help you could give me. 
Alan

The Sarah you are seeking is Sarah wet ton

Offline carole orgell-rosen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Completed -Marriage Record -Orgill Woodenbox, Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 February 14 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Does Derbyshire have a birth marriage and death online index 1837 as some of the other counties have?? 

I would like some help with a marriage record in Derbyshire.  Edward Orgill and Sarah ??? married about 1849.  In the 1851 Census they are living in Woodenville census states the following:
Parish-Hartshorn Ecclesiastical District of St Stephens Woodenville

I would appreciate any help you could give me. 
Alan

The Sarah you are seeking is Sarah wet tont
 I have researched the or gill family in Derbyshire and Leicestershire and have records going back to1500,s happy to help just email me  I have some details about Sarah wetton if you need them

Rosen.carolle@Gmail.com