Author Topic: FROME family of New Sarum - help needed  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Philcandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FROME family of New Sarum - help needed
« Reply #27 on: Friday 27 June 08 16:04 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Deb.

All I can say is that Harriet was alive on 29th March 1824 when her grandmother Theodosia made her will, and that she was described as a granddaughter.

This must mean that Miss Frome, if that is her mother, would have been born after 1865 when Theodosia married, and if she married in 1811, aged say 21, then she must have been born before 1790.  However Theodosia's husband, Rev Dr Thomas FROME died in November 1788, so she must have been born between 1765 and 1788 - which of course is plenty of time.

So maybe there was yet another daughter of Thomas and Theodosia FROME - if I can track down their baptisms I could then look for what happened to each one of them.

Kind regards and thanks for 'thinking outside the box.'

Philip

Offline londonaye

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FROME family of New Sarum - help needed
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 10 September 16 15:28 BST (UK) »
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm coming at this from the Wilkinson side. Henry John Wilkinson (son of John Wilkinson and Anna Carleton) married Harriet Frome at Chittledroog near Madras, India on 14 Sep 1811. A captain in 13th Madras NI, Wilkinson died 10 May 1819 at Bellary. He may have been born in St.Meckans Parish Dublin in Jan 1782. Harried died at Exmouth in Devon on 28 Jan 1840. I suspect she was a granddaughter of Thomas and Theodosia Frome.

Harriet and Wilkinson had two sons : (1) the Rev. John Wilkinson (1816-1876) rector of Broughton Gifford. And (2) Henry Wilkinson, born 1819, died 1823.

The Rev. John Wilkinson married Jean Prat at Littleham Parish Church, Devon on 11 Jun 1844. They had two sons : (1) Henry Fazakerley Wilkinson (1845-1888 when he died in Bedlam hospital) and (2) the Rev. John Frome Wilkinson (1850-1935). Henry Fazakerley Wilkinson had two surviving daughters who  both died unmarried in Hertfordshire in the 1940s, whilst the younger son John Frome Wilkinson had two sons and two daughters. I'm researching them at present.

Hope this helps.