Author Topic: South and North Streets, Bo'ness  (Read 1760 times)

Offline icini

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me
    • View Profile
South and North Streets, Bo'ness
« on: Friday 27 June 08 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hello: Many times I see people who mentioned their ancestor lived on South or North  Street. I got me wondering if we took a count just how many of us would find our ancestors living right next door to each other- sort of makes us neighbours as well. so I thought i would put down some of my addresses and if anyone wants they can respond if their people lived close by. In the early census they dont give an actual number for the street, but one of my people lived there almost their entire live and by the end the-number was 18/19 South Street
1) John Henderson and mother Margaret Smith - 1841 South Street; 1861 living there with wife Anne Foote; and died there in 1901(#18/19)
2) James and Mary Wallace 165 North Street 1861 census
3) Alexander Henderson and wife Fanny McPhillips, 1901census- South Street ( Kings Close)
4) Thomas Henderson and wife Mary Gilmore were at 40 South Street in 1952
5) Annie Henderson and husband john Mahoney were at 64 North street in 1919
6) Agnes Wallace and her husband Andreas Albreth Huldberg lived on south Street in 1901 before going to Edinburgh.

Some other streets were East Street,Dock Street, Gibson Wynd, Victoria Building.
So maybe you have been looking at your ancestor's census and remember seeing some of these names-  who knows.  Donna

Lanarkshire: Dow, Dickson, Duncan, Buchanan,  Maclachlan, Wallace, Mitchel, Freckleton, Dollar, Whitten(on),Liverance, Murray, Gibson, Scoular, Telfer, Fisher,Slimman
Bo'ness: Henderson, Wallace, Foot(e)
Irvine: Petrie, Millar, Jaffrey, Allen,Boyd,
Edinburgh: Huldberg, Smith, Main, primrose
Roxburgh: Main, Smith, Sutherland
Wales: Islay, Wilkes, Morris, Ponter
England: Murray ( Windsor), Ponter ( Bath),
Ireland: Whitten, Irvine, Miller, McWilliams,Tremble,Greenaway, Stevenson,Wilson