Author Topic: GERMANY: Familienbucher Oberrosbach v.d. Höhe & Grüningen look up offer  (Read 22515 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: GERMANY: Familienbucher Oberrosbach v.d. Höhe & Grüningen look up offer
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 22:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks Peonie!

Much more information on the German Wiki page  ;D

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 July 10 13:02 BST (UK) »

Hi Jenny,

just found your Somerlads in a book (200 years of German speaking immigrants) I wish they would have put more shipping list of the early arrivals in it.

Regards Peonie

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 July 10 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hey Peonie,

Thanks for letting me know, the book is not one that I am familiar with....does it have a lot of information in it? Is it an Australian book that I might be able to find here? Or would you be able to send me the info? I have already got the shipping details for my Sommerlad's so that is not such a worry, but any other info would be great....or does it just mention their name?

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 July 10 05:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny,

the book (A3 on Newsprint) was published as special  Bicentennial edition of "Die Woche in Australien".
The contribution for the Sommerlads were obviously supplied by the family. Photos of John Henry, Louisa, "Das Sommerladsche Familienorchester" and a handwritten letter from Peter to his brother John Henry in Australia 2.8.1858. It states Johann Heinrich's reasons for leaving Germany to settling in Australia. It also mentions the family history book written by E. Lloyd Sommerlad.

Regards Peonie

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 July 10 05:48 BST (UK) »
Hey Peonie,

It sounds as though the info was supplied by Lloyd Sommerlad, whom I have been in touch with several times already, I have a couple of copies of his book on the Sommerlad family history "The Migrant Shepherd" and it is very detailed....he is a very good author and newspaper man.

So don't worry about sending the info, thanks for thinking of me though  ;)

Jenny

Offline Noandra

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 26 July 10 06:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen,
I am looking for anything  I can find on Louisa Lyon Neunoble born 1828 Leidhecken, , Hessen, Germany (Wilferth) mar 1855 Leidhecken Hesse, Germany. Married Heinrick (Henry) Hess b 17-11-1829.
I have found several spellings for Louisa's surname - Neunbel/ Ninobel / NEWNOPEL / NEUOPEL /NOUBLE / NAUNIBEL / LYON-NOUBLE / NEUNOBLE.
Her death certificate shows NINOBLE - died 17-11-1879 Toowoomba, Queensland but children birth certificates show some of the names as above. I am trying to find her proper maiden name.
If you don't mind could you have a look and see if you can find her?

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 26 July 10 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Noandra,

I do not have the familienbucher for Leidhecken, but I have had a look in the Oberrosbach v.d. Höhe & Grüningen books that I have just in case as they are also in Hessen.

There are actually very few surnames starting with N in either book, nothing that looks remotely like the surnames you have mentioned and the Heß surnames that show up are from the 1600's so not likely related to your Heinrick Hess.

Sorry I couldn't be more help  :-\

Jenny

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 26 July 10 09:00 BST (UK) »
Hello again Noandra,

I am not sure if you have found this website already or not but the Local Heritage Book for Leidhecken appears to be featured:

http://www.online-ofb.de/famlist.php?ofb=leidhecken&b=&lang=en&modus=

It shows some people with the surname Heß but not much yet again in the N section  :-\

Thought it might help some....

Jenny

Offline Noandra

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 26 July 10 11:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for looking, it was a stab in the dark. The HESS family I seem to have traced back to the 1564 with a lot of help from other people but not much proof. The start is Jerg HESS b August 1564 mar to Margretha maiden name unknown they had 11 children. Jerg was born in Grötzingen, , Baden-Württemberg, Germany. If you have anthing on the surname HESS from Grötzingen 1592, or Nieder-Florstadt, Oberhesse 1622, or Nieder-Florstadt, Niederflorstadt 1667, or Leidhecken, , Hessen 1693 I would appreciate. They seem to have stayed in Leidhecken from 1693 to 1857 I think.
I cannot access the web site you gave me as my firewall will not let me, I will talk to my husband tomorrow and see if he can give me access.