Author Topic: Harry HILDITCH  (Read 10525 times)

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harry HILDITCH
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 09 December 08 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Glad to meet you.

My research of Julia Hilditch has basically been through rootschat and the assistance I have received through that forum. So not a lot has been confirmed in the England/Wales findings.

Whatever has been found her in Australia has pretty much been confirmed, so no her death in Staffordshire hasn't been with documentation.

Is there a reason for you to believe that Julia and her husband, William Morris arrived in Australia, especially Melbourne? Is there a William with her or any other children that might link that record to the Julia in Staffordshire? Not that I actually have any children listed for them at this stage.

I also have her son Harry's wife Ethel and children dying in Brisbane, any idea on dates for Harry? I haven't been able to locate it yet. I also id have those three children that you mentioned but no birthdate for Edith who married Mark Dobson. Do you also have Jane, Robert and May as their children too?

Fiona

Offline ARTHUR HILDITCH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 10 December 08 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Fiona
Since tracing my descendants back to my Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather John U Hilditch, I have now become interested in finding what happened to all the children of my forefathers and which other families they married into.
Back to Julia who was on the Passenger list for Melbourne 1890 her birth date was 1856, also on the Passenger  list was a male Morris birth date 1847 which I think corresponds with William Morris's birth date. If you live in Australia could you check the arrivals to Melbourne in 1890. Also could you let me now if you are related to Harry Hilditch, wether Nina who married Percival John Webb had any children and if Harry and Ethel's son George married and had children.

Jart

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 11 December 08 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jart,

I'll look into the arrivals for Melbourne - may  atke a bit  at the moment due to Christmas, going away and moving states al within the next month... yes, my husband is descended from Harry Hildirch through his grandfather - who is one of the sons of Nina and Percival. It is him that we will be going to see over the holidays actually.

It would be easier for me to send you the paper work via a GEDcom file if you have access to a programme that would open it - if not, I use PAF 5 which can be downloaded for free from the LDS Familysearch website. You will need to send me your email address for me to send it through to you.

I can't yet find a spouse for George Stanley Hilditch as yet. Although we will be travelling through Rockhampton so I'll see what I can do about that.

Fiona

Offline ARTHUR HILDITCH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 08 August 09 23:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona

I am sorry I haven't replied sooner.I have just been contacted by the Granddaughter of Julia Hilditch's sister Lucy H Hilditch, she has told me that she had found a death of Julia Morris at Stone Jul/Aug/Sept quarter aged 32 ref, 6b page 20.1888. Also she says in 1891 Julia's husband William is a Carpenter at Yarnfield. He is widowed and is living with his son William aged 7 a scholar, a daughter, Evelyn aged 4 and a son Arthur aged 2.
                                 In 1901 William is a farmer at Yarnfield and is living with his daughter, Evelyn aged 14 and son Arthur aged 12. Arthur was born Sept. quarter 1888 and is registered at Stone ref, 6b page 34. This is the same time as Julia died.
                                  Therefore did you find out if Julia & William Morris arrived in Melbourne in 1890, if not you might have some more ancestors Evelyn, William and Arthur.
                                   Also did you find any more information on George and Harry.

Regards  Jart

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 09 August 09 08:37 BST (UK) »
Hiya,
I will have to say no to both those questions, I have taken a break from researching for the past six months - moved state, started work again etc etc....so haven't done anything with Hilditch family.

Fiona

Offline ARTHUR HILDITCH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 09 August 09 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona

I have been looking again on the www.findmypast.com and have found an Arthur Morris also left for Melbourne Australia who's birth date was 1888 in 1913. Also could you give me any information with regards to your husbands relation to harry.

Thanks
Jart

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 10 August 09 17:17 BST (UK) »
Fiona
you probably know this by now
"Whelock Heath"? near Baudbach
  But i think that should read Wheelock Heath, Sandbach.My great,great  grandparents lived there and married in chester,before they moved on to Stafford with their gang of children ;D.No relation to you I might add.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Lll

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 14:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona
I am hoping you can help me please. I am looking for a Stanley George Hilditch born around the early 1940’s whom lived in Queensland around the 1970’s. His parents were George Stanley Hilditch & Hilda May Hilditch(née Leeton). And I think he is the grandson of Harry Hilditch whom married Ethal Griffiths. Thankyou