Author Topic: William Boddy c1809 Pickering area HELP!!!!  (Read 1584 times)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
William Boddy c1809 Pickering area HELP!!!!
« on: Monday 30 June 08 19:09 BST (UK) »
I've had some wonderful help on my Dad's side of the family in Durham/Northumberland lately from other Rootschatters but on my Mum's side I've been totally stuck on her maternal ancestors for over 2 years now so any help on William would be fantastic.

William married Dorothy Welbourn on 27/6/1832 in Appleton Le Street and although she appears as Jane on the census returns she is shown on birth certificates as Dorothy

1841Census
 William Boddy
HO107/1260/28
 Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

1851 Census William Boddy
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members. Personal Message sent.

1861Census
William Boddy Age: 52
Born abt 1809

I cannot find a birth for William or Dorothy, I have info on their children my great great grandfather was their son John, but both William and Dorothy/Jane are missing from the IGI so any info would be appreciated

Offline your pete

• RootsChat Senior
  • My school blazer went everywhere!
    • View Profile
Re: William Boddy c1809 Pickering area HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Scruffypup,

Here is a good site for searching the LDS batch numbers/church records - just enter surname

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountryEngland.htm

Could not find birth for either nor marriage.

There are other Welbourns' at Appleton Le Street eg Anne to John Beilbey 29/9/1821 and christings of Mary 8/6/1815 and Sarah 22/1/1821

There are Boddys' at  Middleton by Pickering. eg James christining 26/11/1835 Batch C 108521

Happy hunting

Peter
Garton - Hull, Welton, Brough, Elloughton, Beverley, Polruan, Massachusetts
Measham - Whitwood, Pontefract; Derby, Ripton
Hookham - Glanford Brigg, Appleby
Vaughan - Portadown
Scott - Belfast
Fetherstonhaugh - Belfast
Allen - Belfast
Cooke - Portadown

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Boddy c1809 Pickering area HELP!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

Many thanks for your reply.  I use the Hugh Wallis site a lot, it's a brilliant idea.
I know there were several Boddy families around the Lythe/Pickering area at that time and I've been in touch with many people on Genes Reunited whose Boddy ancestors were born around the same time as William but none of them have a William in the family.  It's the same with the Welbourn's, I've come across earlier Dorothy Welbourn's around Appleton Le Street but still unable to find Dorothy/Jane's family.  There is also a Hannah who married 5 years earlier in Appleton Le Street area she is on the same batch 7802717 on familysearch, logic says Dorothy in Whitby born to George and Miriam
C007742 in 1814 but if she is called Jane there are many of those born around that time so without any evidence I'm stuck, as William and Dorothy married before 1837 I cannot order their marriage certificate, which would have made such a difference.

Julie