Author Topic: Divorce Paton-McDavid COMPLETED THANKS  (Read 1619 times)

Offline cassmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Divorce Paton-McDavid COMPLETED THANKS
« on: Tuesday 01 July 08 13:03 BST (UK) »
I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I need to find out the divorce date/year of Robert Paton and Margaret McDavid who married in Renfrewshire in 1895. Robert's second marriage in 1931 includes the notation that he was then divorced from Margaret.

However I don't know when the divorce occurred. I believe the records are indexed at NAS but no more than that & as I'm in Australia it will be some time before I have a chance to look at them

Is anyone able to provide me with info on this couple, finding divorces etc

Thanks

Pauleen
McCorkindale (Glasgow, London and Australia); McCorquodale (Argyll and Gloucs); Sim (Stirlingshire); Melvin (Leith); Kunkel (Bavaria); O'Brien (Clare, IRL); Partridge (Gloucs); Morrison (Strachur, Argyll); Gavin (Kildare and Queensland); Murphy (Wicklow); Sherry (Tullamore, Wexford and Australia); Paton (Robert and Madge or children in Govan); Paton (Dundee); Paton (Qld Australia 1910+); McDavid (Wigtown)

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce Paton-McDavid
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 July 08 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauleen,

Check the NAS catalogue online. There's a divorce entry for Robert Paton v Margaret McDavid or Paton in 1923 (reference: CS253/2915). Should you want to get a copy of the records, I think you can ask for a quote and the price depends on how much is available.

Link to NAS catalogue here: http://www.nas.gov.uk/onlineCatalogue/

hume24 :)

Offline cassmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 July 08 00:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for that tip!!

I looked up their guidelines for divorce and tried for the name in the catalogue but got lots -adding the word "divorce" makes all the difference as I 've just found :(

I'll certainly follow up on the quote and have learnt more about NAS online too

Thanks again

Pauleen
McCorkindale (Glasgow, London and Australia); McCorquodale (Argyll and Gloucs); Sim (Stirlingshire); Melvin (Leith); Kunkel (Bavaria); O'Brien (Clare, IRL); Partridge (Gloucs); Morrison (Strachur, Argyll); Gavin (Kildare and Queensland); Murphy (Wicklow); Sherry (Tullamore, Wexford and Australia); Paton (Robert and Madge or children in Govan); Paton (Dundee); Paton (Qld Australia 1910+); McDavid (Wigtown)

Offline cassmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 July 08 04:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for the tip-I've heard back from the NAS and can order the info from here so will be able to pursue any leads contained therein. This means I don't have to wait till our next trip to Scotland from Oz so many thanks

Cassmob

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 July 08 02:59 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear you have had some success. ;D

hume24

Offline tomrpaton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce Paton-McDavid COMPLETED THANKS
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 January 22 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cassmob,

I would be interested in any information you have re the divorce between Robert Paton and Madge McDavid. Robert is my Great Uncle.
Thanks
Tomrpaton

Offline carolineasb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 January 22 20:36 GMT (UK) »
@tomrpaton if a couple are married and divorced in Scotland, the original marriage entry is stamped stating the Divorce and there will be a "Register of Corrected Entries" document attached to the original marriage entry and can be viewed by clicking on the "button" above the marriage entry image
Tannahill:  Ayrshire, Renfrewshire
Mulgrew/Milgrew:  Glasgow
Canning: Renfrewshire

Offline tomrpaton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 08 January 22 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your prompt reply.