Author Topic: 1901 Census/John T. Kelly, Alice, Mary  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1901 Census/John T. Kelly, Alice, Mary
« on: Wednesday 02 July 08 17:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have a relative named Alice Davis born in Sherrington, Quebec, Canada who married John T. Kelly, an Irish comedian, abt. 1874.  I found them on the 1880 Census in Manhattan, New York.  After that, nothing.  Last night, I was informed that John took Alice back to Ireland to live.  Also, told that they abandoned the oldest child, Armiah Alice, as she was Alice's daughter from a previous relationship.
Armiah was 12 I was told.  As she was born in 1872, that would mean that John and Alice possibly went back to Ireland in 1884.  On the 1880 census, there was another daughter Mary, age 2.  So thinking there should be John T., Alice, and Mary at the very least on the 1901 census with Mary being abt. 23.  I am hoping that someone can find them.  Alice was born 1843, although on the 1880 census, both John and Alice are stated as being born 1851.
Thanks so much for any help.  Oh, one more thing, my informant who said they went back to Ireland has John listed as Tom but it was John on the 1880 census.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland