Author Topic: Siblings of Edward Payne born 1759 in East Grinstead  (Read 3882 times)

Offline sarahmlife

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Ellen May Buckland nee Ware
    • View Profile
Re: Siblings of Edward Payne born 1759 in East Grinstead
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 July 08 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry,

Thanks anythink you can found would be good, I'll look out for yours as well.

Sarah :).
The paynes of East Grinstead(Sussex),Lingfield(Surrey), Warlingham(Surrey) and Chichester(Sussex), The Wares of Lambeth (London) and Croydon(Surrey), The Bucklands of Croydon(Surrey),the Bishops of Lingfield,(surrey) and Brighton(Sussex),The Thrussells of Kings walden and st Paul's Walden(Hertfordshire),Lanhams of Felstead Essex and Yorkshire, Tuxworths of Lincolnshire, French's ,and many more.......................

Census Infromation Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 July 08 12:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

do you have any clues about your William Payne at all to work with.  If he didn't marry in Sussex would it have been Surrey?

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline sarahmlife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 July 08 12:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry :),

I'm not really finding much on him, all I now is he was men't to have been married in Chichester to a Ann Marvill/Weston or Hall, not sure of the date of the marriage, and he has a son called John payne(my 5x's great), had'vt found any other children yet.  A lady on the Curious Fox site told me that.

Sarahx :)

The paynes of East Grinstead(Sussex),Lingfield(Surrey), Warlingham(Surrey) and Chichester(Sussex), The Wares of Lambeth (London) and Croydon(Surrey), The Bucklands of Croydon(Surrey),the Bishops of Lingfield,(surrey) and Brighton(Sussex),The Thrussells of Kings walden and st Paul's Walden(Hertfordshire),Lanhams of Felstead Essex and Yorkshire, Tuxworths of Lincolnshire, French's ,and many more.......................

Offline sarahmlife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 July 08 12:58 BST (UK) »
I'll check surrey you never now the lady might have got it wrong :).........

Sarahx

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 July 08 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Right I've found Marvill and Weston on the Sussex Marriage Index, no Hall though.

30 March 1725
Archdeaconary of Chichester Marriage Licence
William Paine of Broadwater
Ann Weston of West Tarring
sponsors - WP, Wm Humphry, malster of Broadwater

married on 30 March 1725 by licence at
Chichester St Peter

Chichester St Peter
20 November 1722
William Paine of Odiham, Hants
Ann Marvill otp

They seem a bit far out to be the William Payne of East Grinstead though and why would they have moved all the way up??

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 July 08 13:57 BST (UK) »
There are two possible Williams born in East Grinstead, none from Odiham or Broadwater at the right time that are extracted records rather than someone's submitted records and obviously guesswork.

William Payne baptised 11 Feb 1695 at East Grinstead to Robert and Sarah

William Payne baptised 19 June 1702 at East Grinstead to John and Elizabeth

I have seen evidence of Paynes going to long distances for work or marriage, ie William Payne who went from East Grinstead to Ringmer and married Sarah Durrant there who I originally thought was on my tree.

Kerry

Offline sarahmlife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 05 July 08 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry :),

Yer I found Ann marvill and william pain or payne too on the igi records, I'm think thats not the one although the dates fit married 1722 had an elizabeth pain or payne 1723.

Where did you find the two william paynes from east grinstead, their sound more like there could be the ones or should I say one of them.

Sarahx :)

Offline sarahmlife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 05 July 08 18:14 BST (UK) »

Right I just had a look on the igi's and I think William Payne born 19 june 1702 to a John payne and Elizabeth might be the one, now all I need to find out is their children and if John Payne born 1725 in east grinstead is one of them.  Not the Ann Marvill or Ann Weston one their too far away.

Sarahx ;D

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 06 July 08 09:19 BST (UK) »
Sarah

I wonder if we'll ever manage to get far enough back to establish a link between your line and my line.  There must be one as they both come from East Grinstead currently.   ::) ::)

Kerry