Author Topic: Dry(e), Charles William  (Read 775 times)

Offline Jan_down_south

• RootsChat Senior
  • Hannah Siddall nee Jagger circa 1939
    • View Profile
Dry(e), Charles William
« on: Sunday 23 January 05 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Morning all  :)

Anyone out there researching Charles William Dry(e) born in Ramsgate, Kent circa the mid 1860's. 

In 1887 he married Eliza Blagbrough in Halifax, West Yorkshire and I can't find either of them on the 1891 Census of England.  Just wondering if they emigrated to Canada?

Jan

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
Halifax -  Pratt, Lord, Blagbrough (Blakebrough), Naylor, Atkinson, Southwood, Cockroft, Hoyle, Dry, Denton, Barker and McDermott
Bradford/Clayton - Jagger
Bradford - Denton
Southowram - Pratt, Jagger
Hartshead/Clifton - Pratt
Sowerby - Siddall
Pershore Worcs - Clarke, Checketts
Lord, Ontario, Canada

Offline caroldatkin

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dry(e), Charles William
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 October 06 13:05 BST (UK) »
I have a Charles William Dry on my tree who married Elizabeth Ann Blagbrough, he was born in Halifax, son of Thomas Hodgson Dry and Hepzibah nee Dixon, could this be the same person?

Offline Jan_down_south

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 October 06 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol

I don't have a copy of their marriage certificate but Dry is quite an unusual surname as is Blagbrough so I would think they are one and the same.

Since posting my message I have discoverd that Eliza died a year after they married in Govan, Scotland.  Does this fit in with your information.  Do you know if they had a child?

Jan  :)
Halifax -  Pratt, Lord, Blagbrough (Blakebrough), Naylor, Atkinson, Southwood, Cockroft, Hoyle, Dry, Denton, Barker and McDermott
Bradford - Denton
Sowerby - Siddall
Lord, Ontario, Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 January 07 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Wow, sad that she died so young, only 22
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/LANARK/2004-03/1080333883
Probably the same information you found but will post anyway...J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Jan_down_south

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 January 07 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Morning JJ

Thank you so much for the link.  I did have the information regarding her death but had never seen the page on Rootsweb. 

Some of the information is incorrect and I have contacted the person who originally posted the information so I can pass on the correct information.

Regards
Jan  :)
Bradford - Denton
Sowerby - Siddall
Lord, Ontario, Canada