Author Topic: adams/wade marriage, circa 1860's, huron ontario or rawdon quebec  (Read 4170 times)

Offline misty13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: adams/wade marriage, circa 1860's, huron ontario or rawdon quebec
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 16 July 08 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hi J.J.------i've checked the u.s. census for following years for dean edward wade and wife grace, but he doesn't show up.  no sign of him in canada either.  he did show up on a 1861 cdn. census with his parents and siblings in ontario, and also on the 1871 cdn. census.  it appears also to be him on the 1881 census, but the spelling of the names is off abit.  is there a 1891 census for canada?  i'd love to find him after his marriage, but no luck so far.  thanks for your help.

gwen

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 16 July 08 22:44 BST (UK) »

In case someone can find them together on a census, marriage info says she was born 1878....but wait a minute, also says Dean was born 1865 Canada ...
I don't see family in 1881 :-\ J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline misty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 16 July 08 23:52 BST (UK) »
hi again---just checked 1881 on familysearch.org.  head of household is listed as e.danes wade???in wawanosh, north huron.  there is an edward wade, age 22 which is close, but the other family members are right on, except for the spelling of the names.  gwen

Offline Cadub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 08 May 09 01:56 BST (UK) »
Hello
VERY interested in this discussion, I've just found the Wade line in my father's tree.  William Wade's Brother or Son, Johnston Wade had a daughter Eliza who married David Smith - they are my great grandparents. lived in Massey, Ontario.
I followed the link for William Wade in the 1901 census - and their neighbours "Weir" are possibly related on my mother's side - A Very small world indeed.  Willing to donate info if wanted
Cheers
PS Johnston Wade living with his daughter in 1901..........Salter Twp
http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/View.jsp?id=95017&highlight=5&desc=1901+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+David+Smith

Offline misty13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 08 May 09 18:09 BST (UK) »
cadub----sent a pm to you with my email address