Author Topic: Llangelynnin Bishop's Transcripts  (Read 2642 times)

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Llangelynnin Bishop's Transcripts
« on: Thursday 10 July 08 09:35 BST (UK) »
I have seen the parish records on film held at Dolgellau and Aberystwyth but neither seemed to have the BTs.
I would like to check some of the records against the BTs but it could be time consuming.
Could you please let me know where they are kept and if it is possible to obtain a copy?
Regards,
David

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Llangelynnin Bishop's Transcripts
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 September 08 02:25 BST (UK) »
Aren't the  Parish records in Dolgellau and the the BT's in Aberystwyth?

I have fiche of the BT's (the National Library sells them - I paid about £25 for my copy some 6 years ago). If you want a look up, feel free to ask.

But I suspect that what you have seen are the BT's. The last time I looked at the PR for Llangelynin in Dolgellau records office I'm sure that I saw a book of ink on parchment.

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Llangelynnin Bishop's Transcripts
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 September 08 09:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply,
Originally, when I went to Dolgellau, the Llangelynnin records were only available on film, unlike the other parishes, although they are all on film now.
I am sure that the ones at Aberystwyth were indexed as parish records and appear to be the same as those at Dolgellau. They don’t appear to be signed like BTs but it could be that both are either parish records or  BTs.
The entry that I am most interested in is 1709 for Johannis Nanney, Armiger. It is not very clear and reads like a death, although seems to be recorded as a baptism. One house is listed as Ty Newydd but a second is unclear. Some houses are on the church pews, including Ty Newydd, although I can't find a similar name to the other one.
I have found several other Nanneys on the film but would like to compare both sets of records.
I managed to get a print of the page at Dolgellau but the machine was out of action at Aberystwyth.
If you are able to help, I would be very grateful.
Regards,
David