Author Topic: "Heir Hunters"  (Read 96745 times)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: "Heir Hunters"
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 15 April 08 13:54 BST (UK) »
can we see you NBG pile? may be of use to us  ;) ;D ;D
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline clematised

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 15 April 08 14:03 BST (UK) »
Dont forget http://bmdshare.com for those unwanted certs that you all have and you may find some of your wanted ones amont the 5000 plus that have already been posted there and you can join for free just like here Maria Dolman is doing a great job with that site.

Edna
Scotland and Liverpool Wilson,Conning,Cooper.Marshall
Cumberland,Liverpool, Anderson,Harrison
India, Liverpool, Lloyd.
Hollyhead anglesey,Wales, Liverpool, Jones,Williams
Llangwyfan,Aberffraw. Hughes/Griffiths

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 15 April 08 14:33 BST (UK) »
welcome to rootschat Neil, I must say that I found the programme fascinating and gave us an insight of how fast paced it can be in looking for someone when in a short time frame before others get to them (so to speak). Luckily we do not have that problem, but I must ask just what do you do with the unwanted certificates (NBG one's) after you have purchased them, do you shred them due to the details on them or what? (me being nosey).

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 15 April 08 14:48 BST (UK) »
our NBG certs all stay with the case they were ordered on so we can look back at a later date to see just why they are wrong. We even keep all the applications for certs with checking points that come back no good.

Sorry we have just too many to do anything with, after a case has been closed we microfilm then shred the file including all the certs, it is part of the requirements with our ISO security certificate. We did originally keep every cert in a index but the time to index and file them just was not worth it.

We would also have to be careful with the 50 year rule if we were to pass certs on.

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 15 April 08 16:02 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the reply Neil, like I said it was me being nosey, like many of the genealogy programmes that one see's there always seem's to be at least one, if not two questions that the viewer comes up with whilst watching but usually never gets an answer too.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline little meg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 16 April 08 23:58 BST (UK) »
Awww, I want it shown in Australia too.
Sounds like an interesting program, nice to see they found their way into Rootschat - and if you need expert advice - just ask a Rootschatter. ;D

Margaret
Simpson-Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Overend-Sutton, Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Whitaker - Cononley/Yorkshire, Pickard - Silsden/Yorkshire, Howarth - Skipton/Yorkshire and Lancashire, Heaton-Yorkshire, Preston-Yorkshire, Myers-Yorkshire & Australia, Wild-Yorkshire & Australia. Storey-Middlesex/Australia

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 20 June 08 12:43 BST (UK) »
just been given the date for the next series

starts:

Monday 30th June @ 9.15 BBC1

runs for 4 weeks, 20 shows.

Neil

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 20 June 08 18:52 BST (UK) »
great - i am at work but no doubt can watch it on t'internet at a later time  ;D
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline madpants

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 22 June 08 18:26 BST (UK) »
Excellent.... that'll be me not starting work til 10 then  ;D ;D
GREENWELL - Middlesbrough
TURNBULL - Houghton le Spring, Coxhoe, Spennymoor
DEVEY - Pentonville, Stockton, M'bro
MOHAN/HUN - Stockton on Tees
SCRAFTON - Darlington