Author Topic: "Heir Hunters"  (Read 96781 times)

Offline kennethchambers87

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Heir Hunters"
« Reply #144 on: Friday 11 July 08 10:31 BST (UK) »
Just found this site after watching the programme on TV.
Could you tell me if employment is available in this line of work in Lancashire/Manchester areas.?What qualifications do you need?

Thanks
Diane

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Friday 11 July 08 11:03 BST (UK) »
Do Fraser & Fraser only take on one case a week ?
the programme hints that they do ona Thursday but they employ several different case workers and outside agents so i think they must allocate one case a piece each week if not more.

how long does it usually take to crack a case, the programme makes it look like its done in one day  :o

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Friday 11 July 08 11:15 BST (UK) »
We work several cases, at the same time.

We currently have about 1500 open case, in varying states. a usual case takes between 12 to 18 months to finish off. Overseas cases take longer.

We used to work between 1 and 5 cases of the type shown on TV per week, now we don't have values on the cases we look at between 5-15 cases every week and end up finishing off 3-5 of them. The others are dropped after a few hours work because of the value. We then allocate them to the guys on the road. You may have spotted a small error in Mondays program when I said it would take Paul 8 hours to get to Great Yarmouth, it was because every one else was on the road and Paul was in the middle of Wales working another case that we had just dropped.

PLEASE don't ask me for a job we have 20+ emails and calls every day asking for a job, just today I had 4 CV by post aswell as the emails I don't read them, as we don't need staff.

Offline kennethchambers87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Friday 11 July 08 11:19 BST (UK) »
Sorry
Didn't ask for employment,just what qualifications are needed and where to look.
D

Offline JCB327

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Heir Hunters
« Reply #148 on: Friday 11 July 08 19:46 BST (UK) »
Having Just read about the Series Heir Hunters

On the programme when they say "The latest list has just been released by the Government" where is this list published? are there any links to it?

I know they have been quiet a few people ask this question but like the rest i would like to see this list they get at 6 in the morning

Is there anybody who can help with my relatives that have gone to Italy

Moderator comment: topics merged

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Heir Hunters
« Reply #149 on: Saturday 12 July 08 10:03 BST (UK) »

On the programme when they say "The latest list has just been released by the Government" where is this list published? are there any links to it?

Here is a link to the bonavacantia site where the Government publish details of the estates. You can search in a number of ways or look at the whole list! Good luck.

http://www.bonavacantia.gov.uk/forms/estate_search.asp
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline lyla

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Saturday 12 July 08 10:53 BST (UK) »
The thing is the list on the bona vacantia site was not changed on thursday morning - the names are the same as the ones that were there the previous week (unless they have just added new ones to the list)
LONDON: Flewers/Fluers, Pullen, Leary, Griffiths, Wood, Mitchell. HERTS: Barker, Bates, Dickens, Hutchins, Slater, King, Kent, Overill, Peters. BEDS/BUCKS: Whitbread, Horley, Seabrook, Horn(e), Jenkins, Woodward. BERKS/HAMPS: Gibson, Tigg, Boames, Parker SUFFOLK: Mason, Mott, Suttle, Twitchett, Everard, Feveryar, Riches, Clarke, Harper, Potter, Brinkley. BRISTOL: Mitchell, Pullen. CLACKMANNANSHIRE/FIFE, Keir, Sym(e), Watson, GLASGOW/IRELAND: Collins, Brown, Paterson. IRELAND: Leary, Collins

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Sunday 13 July 08 17:58 BST (UK) »
Actually this has got me thinking - what happened to my great aunt Dorothys estate?

How long after a death can you apply for a copy of a will (if she left one)? she died 2001

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Sunday 13 July 08 19:51 BST (UK) »
This link should be helpful, its for the Probate Registry.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1226.htm

You can get a copy of the will (if there was one) by going to their office in London or by postal application to York (which takes a while).
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.