Author Topic: "Heir Hunters"  (Read 96803 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: "Heir Hunters"
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 14:52 BST (UK) »
I tuned into this programme for the first time this week, after a tip off from Toni* about a family name of ours that was in last week.  Sadly not related near enough to get any money but enjoying the programme nevertheless.

My burning question, has Ewart sorted out his car yet?  ;D ;D

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 15:28 BST (UK) »

My burning question, has Ewart sorted out his car yet?  ;D ;D

Kerry

He had more car problems today!! Still he didn't want to go to Blackpool, so every cloud has a silver lining  ;)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 15:36 BST (UK) »
Time to answer some questions,

Ewart had a problem with his car for about 6 months, various warning lights the problem was found to be "a faulty spark plug" typical Ford couldn't find the fault at first. Ewart is just about to take delivery of a new car a Honda Civic Hybrid. This was someting I wanted to put in the program but was told that they were not allowed to make an advert for F&F, All our new cars are Hybrid's, Dave H was the first to take delivery of his while the program was being made we now have 4, our old cars were Ford Focus's LPG, they are now being replased as they are 4+ years old.

So we are moving from LPG to Hybrid, just shows how Green we try to be even before it was fasionable.

You can be an heir at long as if you are a first cousin (i.e. descended from the Grand parents of the dec) it does not matter how removed. Be carefull how ever the relationship is not reversable so you could inherit from one of your parents cousins, as a first cousin once removed, but the would be a second cousin once removes so not an heir to your estate.

Offline Mean_genie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 15:51 BST (UK) »
But what about the Scrabble, Neil, that's what we really want to know?

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 15:55 BST (UK) »
Scrabble is not my game, I think is is from the old days when we were less busy. the last time i know it was played was when we had a powercut 18 months ago.

being very dyslexic is I am not the best to play, but I could make some very good words if only you were allowed to spell stuff wrong.

Offline Mean_genie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 16:49 BST (UK) »
I wondered if they used the tiles to work out the anagrams in the crossword - back in the olden days I used to see Frasers' searchers doing the Daily Mirror crossword at St Catherine's House and in the cafe round the corner (during their official breaks, of course ;))

Mean_genie

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 16:58 BST (UK) »
May be the times crosword not the mirror

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hi all and Fraser and Fraser!

Great show  ;D .....

Quick question ........ I recently found a deceased estate notice of a distant rellie in the London Gazette online from the early 1960s ...is it possible to find out whether or not it was ever claimed??

Sarah :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline Mean_genie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 17:03 BST (UK) »
But you would have been a mere babe in arms then Neil, how could you possibly know?  :D (I'm talking late 1980s here)

Mean_genie