Author Topic: "Heir Hunters"  (Read 96789 times)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: "Heir Hunters"
« Reply #216 on: Friday 01 August 08 14:09 BST (UK) »
Is there a time limit put on by the Treasury for a claim on a deceased estate please  Neil  ???
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: Friday 01 August 08 14:11 BST (UK) »
Yes
30 years!

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: Friday 01 August 08 14:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you.... much longer than I had imagined
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Friday 01 August 08 21:19 BST (UK) »
We do work in Scotland and have a researcher there. The law is diffrent and dont appear on the usual list.

The good thing is in scotland is that there should never be an unclaimed case as we can research as far back through the generations until we find an heir, not just 1st cousins like in the England and Wales

Thank you for the info. :) I did wonder how the Scottish system differed from England & Wales.

hume24

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Saturday 02 August 08 18:30 BST (UK) »
do you have to die in Scotland to come under this Scottish Law?
silly question perhaps
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline lyla

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Monday 04 August 08 17:28 BST (UK) »
On a programme last week there was a mention of an unclaimed estate of a John Barker who died in Islington. His name does not appear on the BBC website so can I assume that his estate has subsequently been claimed since the first series? Wondering if he is related to my Islington Barkers.

I would be interested to know whether any of the cases got resolved as a result of the last series.

Lyla
LONDON: Flewers/Fluers, Pullen, Leary, Griffiths, Wood, Mitchell. HERTS: Barker, Bates, Dickens, Hutchins, Slater, King, Kent, Overill, Peters. BEDS/BUCKS: Whitbread, Horley, Seabrook, Horn(e), Jenkins, Woodward. BERKS/HAMPS: Gibson, Tigg, Boames, Parker SUFFOLK: Mason, Mott, Suttle, Twitchett, Everard, Feveryar, Riches, Clarke, Harper, Potter, Brinkley. BRISTOL: Mitchell, Pullen. CLACKMANNANSHIRE/FIFE, Keir, Sym(e), Watson, GLASGOW/IRELAND: Collins, Brown, Paterson. IRELAND: Leary, Collins

Offline madpants

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Monday 04 August 08 17:31 BST (UK) »
I agree there lyla,  it would be good to know if any of the 'do you know or are you related to **** ' cases ever found any relatives through the programme
GREENWELL - Middlesbrough
TURNBULL - Houghton le Spring, Coxhoe, Spennymoor
DEVEY - Pentonville, Stockton, M'bro
MOHAN/HUN - Stockton on Tees
SCRAFTON - Darlington
BROADBENT - Saddleworth, Ashton Under Lyne
HEMSWELL - Grantham, M'bro
SIMPKINS - M'bro
SIMPKIN - Little Wratting, Suffolk
MALLALIEU - Saddleworth, Ashton U L
GOODWIN - Macclesfield Forest
SUTCLIFFE - Heptonstall, Ashton U L
PLIMMER - Pontesbury, Ashton U L
CAMBRIDGE - Goulborne, Ashton U L
SIDDALL - Ashton U L

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Monday 04 August 08 18:43 BST (UK) »
"I agree there lyla,  it would be good to know if any of the 'do you know or are you related to **** ' cases ever found any relatives through the programme "

Towards the beginning of the second series they did tell you about one case that had appeared in the first series and had been solved as a result of information received since the programme was first aired. Unfortunately i can not remember the name of the case .
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline scouse_mouse_2000uk

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandparent's Lewis
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday 06 August 08 16:16 BST (UK) »
Not sure if I have missed it along the way. This question is for Neil, how did you find Rootschat? By the way I watch Heir Hunters and love it. Thumbs up to the Beeb, best thing on there at the moment. A big thumbs up to Grimble, I like him. Lynn xx
I am researching the following names.....Owen/s-Holyhead, Rimmer/Lewis-West Derby, Wood/s/Hayter-Toxteth