Author Topic: "Heir Hunters"  (Read 96799 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Heir Hunters"
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 17:15 BST (UK) »
Nick,

Without prying into your personal case could you tell us what the answer was to whether

"heir hunter companies usually carry indemnity insurance themselves, or is it down to those who get the money to take this out ?"

Thanks
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday 08 April 09 22:46 BST (UK) »
Fraser & Fraser certainly do.   I'm not sure if the smaller ones will.  It's not a legal requirement, as far as I know.

RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: Thursday 09 April 09 12:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you Nick. Much appreciated.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: Thursday 09 April 09 13:26 BST (UK) »
I was wondering what firms like Fraser & Fraser do with all the hundreds and hundreds of BMD certificates they must purchase each year.
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Thursday 09 April 09 14:07 BST (UK) »
My company must have kept them, they never passed any on to me, would have been an invaluable help if they had. ::)

this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Thursday 09 April 09 14:41 BST (UK) »
In an earlier programme it said that F&F microfilm all the certificates etc that they order - it makes them easier to store. (It also means they can refer to them in future should the need arise). It also said they provide information to any successful heirs of the family research that they have done - although whether this is proactive or reactive I don't know.

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: Thursday 09 April 09 16:01 BST (UK) »
What a shame my wasent with F and F :'(
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline FraserandFraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Neil Fraser of Fraser and Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 13:32 BST (UK) »
Thought I should let you know the are some new programs coming out starting next Monday 29th
Would have let you know sooner but we have been run off out feet as of late and we couldn't give as much time to the film crew so there are several firms involved this time. some who I had never heard of before!!  25 programs in total running for 5 weeks. There is even 1 story given to us by an heir hunter viewer who asked for our help.

Offline les_looking

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 14:50 BST (UK) »
Thought I should let you know the are some new programs coming out starting next Monday 29th
Would have let you know sooner but we have been run off out feet as of late and we couldn't give as much time to the film crew so there are several firms involved this time. some who I had never heard of before!!  25 programs in total running for 5 weeks. There is even 1 story given to us by an heir hunter viewer who asked for our help.

thanks for that ;) just found it on sky+ BBC 1 9-15am this coming monday