Author Topic: IFHF  (Read 2281 times)

Offline mafric

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
IFHF
« on: Wednesday 16 July 08 23:35 BST (UK) »
Has anyone used the Irish Family History Foundation website? I may have found one of my great grandfathers records but before i buy it i want to know what exactly i would get. Its a record of a civil birth.
Thanks
Marie
STAFFORDSHIRE -- Critchlow, Crutchley, Broadhurst, Meakin, Cordon, Corden, Berrisford, Hall, Heath, Ashley, Tittle, Bailey, Bayley, Webb, Wade

CHESHIRE Beamer, Bailey, Bayley, Ellis, Potter, Schofield

LANCASHIRE Conway, Beamer, Teasdale, Rice, Lees, Parkinson, Ellis, Potter, Palfreyman, Law, Schofield

DERBYSHIRE, Palfreyman

YORKSHIRE, Spence

IRELAND - Conway, Houlighan, Rice and Mahoney (DUBLIN), WOODLEY (COUNTY CORK, Leades house)

Wales - Pembrokeshire - Summers, Jenkins, Bowla

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: IFHF
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 July 08 11:00 BST (UK) »
Have you searched for the birth on IGI? You don't mention the date but many, not all, Irish births 1864-c1882 are there- will give parents names, date and usually the county or registration district.
Civil registration of births in Ireland began 1864. The certificates list the child's name (or male/female if no Christian name given), date of birth, place of birth (townland/street if in a city), father's name and occupation (unless child is illegitimate), mother's name, name and address of informant (a parent or other person present at birth), date of registration.

Have just had a look at IFHF website and like most such centres they change a small fortune for very little information. A birth certificate would seem, according to their price list, cost 30 Euros!
If you do want the actual certificate GRO, Dublin is 1/3 of the price at 10 Euros. You can download the form from their website:
http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: IFHF
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 October 08 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Marie,

I've linked your Rice family thread to this one
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,275289.0.html

Christopher