Author Topic: Alexander Watson Death between 1891 and 1901  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Maia261

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Alexander Watson Death between 1891 and 1901
« on: Friday 18 July 08 11:33 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the death of Alexander Watson between 1891 and 1901.

Alexander was born in 1828 in Lochbroom, Ross-Shire, his father was John Watson, Carpenter - I am unsure of his mother's name.

The family are showing on the 1841 Census in Ullapool, Lochbroom, from later census records that I have found the wife Catherine showing here is John's second wife so not my Alexander's mother. I have found a marriage for John in 1818 in Lochbroom, Ross-Shire to Dorothy McLeod - this could well be my Alexander's Mum.

I have Alexander's first marriage to Christina Fraser in Inverness in 1853.
Christina dies in 1860 and I next find Alexander aged 32 on the 1861 Census in Gilbert Street, Inverness with his son Hugh aged 3 and his sister Jane. He is a labourer.

On the 7th of June 1861 in Inverness Alexander marries Helen MacKenzie.

In the 1871 Census Alexander aged 40 is living in Lower Kessock Street, Inverness with his wife Helen aged 40 and his son Hugh aged 13. He is a Brewery Labourer.

In the 1881 Census Alexander aged 55 is living in Upper Kessock Street, Inverness with his wife Helen aged 55 and his son Hugh aged 23. He is a Mason's Labourer.

In the 1891 Census Alexander aged 60 is still living in Lower Kessock Street, Inverness with his wife Helen aged 60. He is a Cask Washer.

By the 1901 Census Helen is still aged 60, widowed and living with her unamrried sister Ann McKenzie aged 50.

In 1910 Helen dies aged 77 in Lower Kessock Street, Inverness, informant is sister Ann Mckenzie.

I have searched Scotland's People and have the results for all Watson deaths in Inverness between 1890 and 1921, there is one Alexander aged 71 in 1901 - Looks good so I download it, only to find this is definitely not the right one - He is a single Cattle Dealer.

Is anyone able to help me pin down the death of Alexander?

Many thanks in advance,
Lynn  :)
Mackay – Inverness, Ross and Cromarty & Sutherland
Watson – Inverness-Shire & Ross and Cromarty
Douglas – Inverness-Shire & Moray
Sutherland – Caithness
Kilroe – Inverness & Ireland
Paterson - Banff
Clark – Glasgow & Ireland
Thomson – Caithness
Montgomery – Ross and Cromarty
Allanach – Moray & Glenbucket, Aberdeen